How to output database to Repeating Group (RG)?

I have 4-5 different users who have inputted some information about their baseball cards into our Bubble database. Each user has logged in with their own username & passwords in order to add their data to our Bubble database. Below are the 6 fields of information that they entered and the info is tied to their username:

1. Sport (baseball vs. basketball)
  2. Company (Topps vs. Upper Deck)
  3. Player Name
  4. Card Number
  5. Value
  6. Notes

I see that the data has been properly captured in our database by looking at “App Data” in the Data section.

1. How do I output ALL of the above 6 fields for ALL of our users using Repeating Groups (RG)? I basically want to show the “master table” or the sum total of all our users’ collective efforts in inputting their data. Also, it should display a 7th field…their username.

2. How do I allow ALL of our users to edit the “Notes” field for any database row? This is a question of user permission, and I’m certain that I want to give all users permission to edit anyone else’s “Notes” field for any database row.

Thank you.

Hi @phanorb

For question # 1, do you have a data-type for the sport card or is everything stored under the user Data-type? If former I recommend creating a sportCard data-type with 7 fields you have listed. If it is the latter then All you need to do is display a RG with content of SportCard and data-source is a search of sportCards. Inside of the RG add the appropriate text and input elements and tie in the data to each one.

For question #2, Go to the privacy tab by clicking on app data and then in the top you’ll see privacy. Looks for the sportCard data-type and create new Role. The expression can be When current user is logged in Click Allow auto-binding and click the checkbox for notes. Now with your multiline input element click enable auto-binding.
This give any logged in user the right to edit any notes of a sportCard.

I hope you find this hopeful.
Cheers

1 Like

Hi Neil, thanks for your clarifying question. Yes, all of the 6 fields are in a datatype called “TradingCard”. Exactly how do I do this part of your response: “All you need to do is display a RG with content of SportCard and data-source is a search of sportCards. Inside of the RG add the appropriate text and input elements and tie in the data to each one.”

I think it’s click on Text box > Appearance > “Do a Search for TradingCard’s Sport”

It works, except that all of the results for a field such as “Sport”, are displayed in the first row, and all smushed into one cell, instead of being spread out amongst multiple cells across multiple RG rows. I think it’s because when users inputted their data, I set up the Workflow such that it adds TradingCards to a LIST of TradingCards.

How do I spread out the results of the LIST into separate RG fields?

As for #2, I haven’t tried it yet but I think I understand what you’re suggesting. Thank you!

@phanorbi if you can screenshot of the page you’re working on, I can get a better sense of what’s going on. Another option is to go inside of your app general settings and change the applications rights to everyone can view and then share the URL link, so I can see what your doing exactly

1 Like

Thanks Neil…I private msged you the URL