How to password protect a page?

I give a lot of credit to the Bubble team for having to make some tough design choices and hard decisions. However, focusing on protecting the data, over protecting the interface, is part of the gold standard of web security. Think of it this way: does it really matter if an unauthorized person sees the layout of your page? Conversely, regardless of what pages a person can see it is much worse if they can access the underlying data.

As much as Bubble provides a no-code environment they are also trying to encourage developers to structure their apps in a particular way, namely Model-View-Controller, or in the Bubble-verse things-pages-workflows. This leads to the following delineation of responsibilities in the Bubble-verse:

• Things “hold on to state” - responsible for storing the data or state of the app, including who can view and change what (security is a configuration state of the app).
  • Pages “display the state” - responsible for rendering or visually representing the state or data of the app
  • Workflows “change the state” - responsible for changing or updating the data or state of the app
2 Likes

Please guide me to protect my page Uniprotech Retail

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.