How to reuse API call data for testing

Sorry if this is a question I should have been able to easily find already, but I’m using a paid API and feeding thru the bubble API plugin. Wondering if there is a way to somehow just re-use the existing call data (or even initialization data) as I map out my fields and such?

If anyone uses Microsoft Flow, it would be similar to using their Test feature with a ‘previous run’ where they simply push the previous run data thru and don’t actually call API data again.

Thanks in advance and Happy Father’s day to all the dads out there!
Jon

Since nobody answered, I’m guessing there is no solution within Bubble, so I created my own mock API endpoing using Postman Mock Servers (you get 1000 calls per month so plenty to work with). Working well so far in case anyone has this question or need in the future.

https://learning.postman.com/docs/postman/mock-servers/mocking-with-examples/

I’m not entirely sure if this helps with what you are trying to accomplish.

You can store the response from an api call in your database. You can then re-use that data as many times as you want, without calling the api again.

Once you have the api call setup in the api connector bubble plugin. When you create a new field in your database, scroll to the bottom of the “field type” dropdown, and your api responses should be there.

I’m not sure if this works for all response types / api methods. But this works for all my api calls i have set up, which are GET and are used as an action.

Thanks for the response @andy.i , this sounds like a great solution and I will give it a try when I get a chance !