How to Save Data with Multi-step Form

I have been stuck on the most basic issue ever for a very long time…PLEASE HELP

I am creating a multi-step form that asks one question at a time. 10 in total.

I am using the show/hide method on one page to make smooth transitions.

I am NOT asking for an email address for sign up until question 5.

I want to create a type called “Quote” with 10 fields for each question -

For example.

1. Address?
  2. Own or Rent?
  3. Swimming Pool?
  4. Have Dogs?
  5. Sign up
  6. Own a Fire Alarm?
  7. etc
  8. etc
    9.etc
    10.etc

I NEED to create a “Quote” starting from question 1.
then I need to MODIFY or ADD a value to my “Quote” - Specific Field each time the user answers a question.

I can’t seem to make this happen unless I make question 10 act like a “save” button, but then I won’t know how many submissions are being started and where the user drops-off in the form.

Someone please explain so I can continue!!!

Here’s how I look at this:

You’ll have a thing, called quote and it will have all the fields you want to collect. Make a group element on the page, and set its type to quote. Place the fields within this group, and use auto-bind so changes are reflected in the db immediately.

Here’s a quick example:

I didn’t mock up the hiding of elements since you already know how to do that.

Good luck!

–Ken

2 Likes

First, This helped TREMENDOUSLY! Thank you!

One last quick question -

For example, I have a control with two buttons

1. I OWN
  2. I RENT

I don’t get the option to auto bind from the click of a button - I tried to set a custom state in my workflow for each button but the option to autobind associated to the “own” field still does not appear.

How can I make this happen?

I think you are talking about a radio button, with two options, I Own and I Rent. If so, then on the data tab, make the field for this be a text type, rather than the yes/no type that I showed for the others. You can then auto-bind any value you want to put in your radio button options.

–Ken

Radio buttons work like input fields - which is great and they would do the job.

But I wanted to make a binary option like this:

Is this possible?

Ahh, I see. In the workflow, choose the action to Make changes to a thing, and set the Thing to Change to be the parent groups quote. Then you can modify the fields as you see fit.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.