Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

How to see user's position in list of users

Hello! In my app, I have a “leaderboard” where users are listed based on how many points they have. I got that working successfully, but I would like for the user to be able to click a button that says “go to my position” and it automatically scrolls to their ranking. It would also be nice if there could be a text box that says what position they are (eg. 3, or 17, or whatever). If you could help me with this, it would be great!

So essentially the user is logged in, they are looking at a repeating group and you want them to be able to press a button that then scrolls to where they are in the repeating group?

Yes. Or, the user can see their position number in the RG. You put it a lot simpler than me!

You can use the “Scroll to entry” action -

and then you can do a search for the “Current user” in the repeating group to find the index.

So I put this together quickly. I created a repeating group of users and a button, and added a workflow for the button that scrolls to that users entry;

And it animates the scroll to where that user is in the group. I’m still trying to work out how to display what position the current user is via text.

Wow thanks @bcart0v , @shawnmi6! I will implement this, and if you guys could just help me with the “show users position” that would be amazing!

Hi!!!

I just solved this for myself! You do not need a fancy button to do this at all!!! so check out these screen shots

Ugly but seems like this your goal! :

So here is my solution ! You need to search for users points: Count that way it displays the number it sits on the list

Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 7.22.20 PM|690x342

Hi, how did you do that? could you explain more? thanks:)