Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

How to send SMS to multiple people with twilio

Nice to meet you, I can only speak Japanese, but this is created by Google Translate. So it may be a strange sentence, but please forgive me.
I’m currently exploring how to send SMS to multiple people with twilio, but it’s not working.
Can anyone please tell me if anyone knows how

I am just getting started with this, and you can find more topics if you search for: Twilio.

As far as I am aware you need to create a process that will run your sending message action. You create this on a page that is not public, and you run this process by clicking on a button that initialises the rest of the action. This will include a call to Twilio api. You can install Twilio plugin (by zeroqode or some other free plugin) that will connect your Twilio account with your bubble app.

I found this useful so far to see how action is initialised:

You can view our “Send SMS” tutorial at nocodify.com. The only difference here is that you’d schedule an API workflow on a list (list of users), so that the “Send text” workflow would run for every user.

It’s quite simple, the setting up process of Twilio is what takes the majority of the time.

Tal

1 Like

Something to keep in mind while you are testing using Twilio is that if you are utilizing their free trial account, you can only send SMS or make calls to phone numbers you have verified with Twilio.

Another important aspect is to make sure your country is listed in your account as a country to enable sending…I believe they call it SMS geo permissions here is a link to that

https://www.twilio.com/console/sms/settings/geo-permissions

Overall I had found this link very helpful in explaining why I was not able to send any SMS or make calls while on the Twilio Free Trial Account.

Once I figured out what was wrong with my Twilio Trial Account, I was easily able to use the Twilio Plugin in bubble to send SMS or make calls as once you’ve added your authorization keys the workflow events are simple and straight forward.

If bubble was not down right now I could post a screen shot of how to structure your workflow events, but this link may suffice

If you are trying to get this working for multiple SMS you will need to have multiple verified phones in your Twilio Trial Account.

If you are not on a trial and you are already able to send a single SMS, then you should look into backend workflows and how to send them recursively or how to schedule it to run on a list.

1 Like

Thanks!

I also found this, someone posted their workflow, so I will look into it.

Hi all,
Does anyone on here have a basic workflow setup that they can share (or just explain) for sending an SMS from the webAPP using Twilio but also receiving the response back from the receiver who’s texting back from his/her mobile phone.
Thanks

@boston85719 , @samir.pekaz , @t-akama [quote=“dhawan_30, post:6, topic:103342, full:true”]
Hi all,
Does anyone on here have a basic workflow setup that they can share (or just explain) for sending an SMS from the webAPP using Twilio but also receiving the response back from the receiver who’s texting back from his/her mobile phone.
Thanks
[/quote]