How to set my App to return to previous

This wouldn’t work for the basic idea of how custom states work. They are temporary stores of value and are lost or ‘reset’ when the page is refreshed, so using the browser back button would not result in the user returning the page with custom state values set from a previous visit.

@jpeangeles best approach to take is the way I outline in the link shared by @ed727 that I created to help others make their search and filtering systems the same as all the ‘big’ sites. That is to have all the filter and sorting options set into the URL and at times that would require a parameter as list if the filter options allow the selection of multiple items.

The approach makes it so that you can allow a user to select filters, leave the page and using browser back buttons return with all the same filters in tact. It also doesn’t require multiple repeating groups, and in fact there are not many reasons to ever use multiple repeating groups to display different search results for the same data type.

This approach also makes it super simple to save a search. As @lindsay_knowcode mentioned it would maybe be cool to allow users to ‘bookmark’ products and you can do this easily when all sort and filter parameters are in the URL parameters by having a data field in the database that is of type text and you simply save the dynamic expression value of ‘this URL’ which will save the URL with all the parameters so the next time the user wants to see the search results using the same parameters they can access the link and have all sort and filter parameters ‘pre-loaded’.

This approach doesn’t slow things down any more than any other search would slow down a page on load.

Learn More

Boston85719 is an expert Bubbler with a decade experience as an educator. Real name Matthew, he has been actively building SaaS apps, marketplace apps, scheduling apps and more for clients, himself and for sale as templates.

As an official Bubble Bootcamp Instructor, he leads Bubble Bootcamps on a regular basis.

Always willing to offer advice via the Bubble Forum, Matthew also offers Private Personal and Group Training Sessions.

Through his site, NoCodeTrainer, Matthew provides a range of tutorials with editor access to help you jumpstart your Bubble development.

Always accessible you can send Matthew a private message via the forum or send an email directly with your requests.

Be sure to checkout the Stripe Integration Course when you are ready to integrate Stripe payments to start monetizing your application via product sales or subscriptions.

Stripe Integration Course

NoCodeTrainer.com

BTW I have a tutorial series to be released in the coming week that covers everything about using the URL parameters for filter choices and how to set filter constraints on the Search.