Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

How to set up Repeating Group Data Source as (ListA ∪ ListB ∪ ListC) ∩ (ListD ∪ ListE ∪ ListF)

I am working on a small choice-based game where the player controls a character that is presented with prompts and has to make choices. The choices available to your character are based on your character’s abilities and equipment; they are contained within the character thing, your character’s inventory, etc. This merged list is compared against the list of actions appropriate to the current situation, which is also a merged list. This list is made up of choices contained within the situation thing, your character’s current conditions (for example, having a broken bone makes applying a splint an appropriate choice), etc.

When creating the repeating group for the choice buttons I ran into an issue. There is no way to use ()'s to set up the formula, and I don’t think it’s possible to write (A ∪ B ∪ …) ∩ (C ∪ D ∪ …) without them. My next idea was to set it up as a group whose data source is C ∪ D ∪ … and place the repeating group inside of it, with it’s data source being (A ∪ B ∪ …) ∩ parent group’s data. Unfortunately, groups cannot take lists as a data source.

How could I set up this logic?

Hi,

Create 1 RG(RG1) with A merged with B merged with C

Create 1 RG(RG2) with D merged with E merged with F

Create the finale rg as RG1 intersect with RG2

This is the way to setup what you want. Be aware that all merges and intersects must be of the same data type

Let me make sure I’m understanding correctly;
I am creating dummy repeating groups within the actual repeating group which will be invisible but store lists for the logic?

You have to store them outside the RG. A good practice is to create a popup in which you store all your hidden variables.