How to show a date range as e.g. "1-6 June 2020"

I have events with Start Date and End Dates stored as a Date Range.

I can show Start Date and End Date separately and have conditional formatting to show the word “to” between them…

…but I would rather display the date as “1-6 June 2020” and if there is only one date (a one-day event) show it as “1 June 2020”.

Can someone give me a pointer? I can’t work it out.

I’m also wondering about the point of Date Ranges. Why not just store start and end dates separately? I want to sort a Repeating Group by a Start Date, but don’t seem to be able to.

Hi there, @major_groove… I have to believe there is a better way to do it, but I can’t think of a way that doesn’t involve “cobbling” it together by extracting different pieces of the dates (oh, and I’m using an option set to turn the month number into the month name). So, I have two date fields and a text field that displays the date range as you have described…

range1

The expression in the text field is as follows…

(FYI… my option set is called Days in a Month, and it’s display is the month name.)

Again, I’m guessing there is a better way to do this (maybe someone will come along and educate both of us), but hopefully this response will at least help you get down a path.

Best…
Mike

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.