Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

How to tweet from app account

I am using the @Pathfix plugins to tweet from my app. Twitter OAuth Connector without API keys - New plugin from Pathfix - #9 by major_groove

I want that whenever a user uploads content to my app, that the app tweets from the app Twitter account. The Pathfix plugins seem to be more designed for a user authenticating their app account to their own Twitter account, whereas I want one app-wide Twitter account to be permanently authenticated to the app.

Any suggestions on how to do this? Or should I be using a different plugin (I am certainly not capable of working with the Twitter API directly)?

/edit - Looks like I’m going down the Integromat/Make.com path - please correct me if this is a bad idea!

Hey @major_groove you can certainly do this with the plugin using your own credentials. I just posted a response to the forum.

To achieve this, you would need to use the authenticated user_id instead of the Current User’s Unique ID.

However, you will need to use the user id of the user (not the login credentials of the Twitter account). i.e. go into your Pathfix account - click on Test Connection - auth your account - use the email you used to log in to your Pathfix account as the User_id