HTML activity/attribution tracking

Context: I’m helping companies personalize their website to visitors. My process is:

1. Clone their website (With permission, using “view page source”)
  2. Add dynamic elements to the HTML code
  3. Give them an iFrame to add to their website (An iFrame of the modified code)

Problem: Companies want attribution to know if this is working. If I can add to the HTML to fix this, I’d like to know.

My Questions:

1. Is there something I can add to the HTML code to grab information submitted from the “Request Demo” form?
  2. Is there something I can add to the HTML to capture when the form is submitted/upon success?

Are you using bubble as the iFrame?

I’d give the clients timestamps when the form was submitted as a list, so they can review their logs and see they did indeed have a customer on their website on 01/01/2024 11:32AM

1. Is there something I can add to the HTML code to grab information submitted from the “Request Demo” form?

There are quite a few ways to do this, yes.
`<form>: The Form element - HTML: HyperText Markup Language | MDN

1. Is there something I can add to the HTML to capture when the form is submitted/upon success?

Yes.
` <form>: The Form element - HTML: HyperText Markup Language | MDN

Be cautious about your business idea.

If you have permission from the client you’ll want access to their codebase so you can edit it. You might think that providing people with a website unsolicited would be a good thing, and that it’s no risk to them because it’s in an iFrame. The risk is that you can edit an iFrame anytime without their notice, so it’s generally bad practice to host an iFrame on your website if you don’t trust the iFrame’s Author 100%.

I don’t think you’re doing anything wrong - Just be aware of this and that people may be rightfully skeptical.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.