I want when a user selects a publisher as favourite, the publisher's posts are given priority in the posts timeline (like facebook), is this possible with one RG?

I want when a user selects a publisher as favourite, the publisher’s posts are given priority in the posts timeline (like facebook), is this possible with one RG?

Hi there, @salemmo409… if I understand your post correctly, yes, what you described is possible by using the merged with operator to merge multiple searches together. The first search would look for posts from publishers the user has favorited, and that search would be merged with a search for posts from publishers the user has not favorited. Here is an example where the User data type has a field that stores a list of favorited publishers, and the Post data type has a publisher field.

Note that the panel on the left is showing the constraint on the first search, and the second search would have the opposite constraint (publisher isn't in Current User's favorited publishers).

Hope this helps.

Best…
Mike

2 Likes

the merged with operator make the results of the first search appear first in timeline? and if the “search for posts from publishers the user has not favorited” was the first so its results will appear first?

Yes, that is correct.

It worked well, thank you very much

1 Like