Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Image loading issues on Safari

Hi,
for some reason, (static) images behave weirdly on my client’s MacBook (I think some remained when tried with Chrome instead of Safari on the same 13" MacBook).

1. Some images remained blurry (I expect that during page load, but we are talking about minutes). Should I manually replace each image with a minified version? example
  2. Ionic Icons haven’t loaded on its at least 900-pixels-wide screen (example Page in Preview mode ) I read these icons are for mobile but on other laptops, they appear

Can you guyz help?

Hey @drahotab

Thanks for the post and sorry for the trouble with this!

Looking at the example image you linked, it does appear to be a pretty big file (11.7mb). Which, could be having some negative effect here. I definitely might recommend uploading web resolution files to help with performance and also Bubble’s ability to serve the files correctly. That being said, if you need the ability to deliver the high res file, but in some cases want to force Bubble to do the optimization for you, you might consider storing the file in the database or an option set, referencing it through a dynamic expression and using the :processed with imgix operator which gives some additional controls for optimizing images.

In visiting the preview app you shared, I was able to see icons without issues. It’s possible that something about that computer is blocking them from loading. We’ve seen this periodically with some browser extensions etc. If it continues or you’ve seen it on other devices, consider submitting a bug report so we can take a closer look at what’s going on. Keep in mind that with bug reports, the more context and info you can share, the better equipped our team will be to address them quickly.

And of course, feel free to reach out to us directly at [email protected] with any additional questions.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.