Inherit from Toolbox plugin to create a thing

I want to create a thing from the Run javascript action in a previous step, but it doesn’t look like that’s an option.

Can this be done or do I have to use a webhook?

You are right, Runjs doesn’t emit data for following steps. To do this, add an element to the page Javascript To Bubble, here’s an example in Toolbox docs.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip (and the plugin!) @mishav! What I was trying to do was pass the Run JS result to make changes to the thing I was creating in the same workflow.

If I set that up in a JavaScript to Bubble event, I should be able to make changes to that specific thing I was creating in the workflow, I’m just trying to figure out how to appropriately filter it with constraints: should I use unique id or created date (since it would match for the thing that was created at the time the event was triggered)?

Man…that looks like a great headache to troubleshoot. Sorry just need to point that out.

I used to do that until I had to troubleshoot the troubleshooting of very complex workflows. IMO it is a whole lot better to have your conditions on the events themselves. In your case too you can go further and nest certain parts of the actions into custom events. It will make it a whole lot easier to troubleshoot.

1 Like

old habits…

1 Like

To pass the new database item to another workflow, could save it to a custom state.

A more complex method is pass it as a parameter to RunJS, then back out of JStoBubble via multiple outputs option. But really, the custom state method should be sufficient!

1 Like