Input box half hidden on mobile with bottom menu

Video 05.16.2023-15.48.40
No matter what I try, on mobile, it hides most of the box and I cannot scroll down?

Hmm :thinking:

Can you add a bottom margin on the page level? I normally put my whole ā€˜pageā€™ inside one group and then add the margins on that group. It looks like you have a floating group at the bottom. Make sure the bottom margin is at least more than that height.

Does that help a bit? :man_shrugging:

Hi JB05,
Unfortunately, its not set up as a floating element. Only a group. I tried to change it to a floating element but, it really messed up everything i had. So no luck there. I also tried the margins and not luck there either :frowning: Any other thoughts? Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Hmm :thinking: Are one of your groups 100% height?

Yes. Actually a few of them are.

1 Like

Those are always difficult to use. You can try like 90% maybe.

You might be able to do one group at 100% but the inner groups or elements to have a bottom margin. That might work. Normally a floating group is a bit easier to work with since you just need a bottom margin on the page. I donā€™t normally use % because it gets tricky. I only use them for hero elements or for chat windows.

i have probably tried every solution twice. Even Chatgpt. No luck :frowning:
If an input box on Bubble.io is partially hidden on a mobile device, itā€™s likely because of the arrangement or the dimension settings of your elements, or a conflict with another element such as a bottom menu. Here are some potential solutions to fix the issue:

1. Check your design settings: Make sure that your input box and any surrounding elements are set up to work properly on mobile. Bubble.io provides a ā€œResponsiveā€ tab where you can adjust how your elements appear on different screen sizes. You might need to adjust the min. width, max. width, and/or responsiveness settings for your elements.
  2. Using conditional formatting: In the ā€œConditionsā€ tab of the input box, add a new condition. Choose ā€œWhen this Input is focusedā€ and then select ā€œScroll to this elementā€ as the action. This way, whenever your input box is selected on a mobile device, the page will automatically scroll to that input box, preventing it from being hidden.
  3. Adjust Z-Index: The Z-index determines the stack order of elements that overlap. The element with the greater stack order is always in front of an element with a lower stack order. If your input box is hidden behind the bottom menu, you can try adjusting the Z-index of the input box to a higher value than the menu.
  4. Avoid Fixed elements: Fixed elements, such as a footer, can sometimes create issues on mobile. You might want to consider making the bottom menu a floating group set to ā€œfloat relative to bottomā€ if it isnā€™t already.
  5. Using a group focus: Instead of having an input directly, you can use a group focus with the input inside. You can set this group to open when the user clicks on a text or button for input, it will position itself avoiding overlap with other elements.
  6. Check the visibility condition: Make sure the visibility condition for the input box and menu is set correctly. If the condition for showing the input box and menu is set in such a way that they overlap, it might hide the input box.
  7. Check the height of your page: If your page height is too short, elements might not display properly on mobile devices. You might need to increase the height of your page to solve this issue.

Even if I give you a working example, itā€™s hard to fix without trying a few different things together. Coaching sessions are usually good for this sort of thing.

Otherwise, try not using percentage for heights and use a column group so the element can scroll down the page. Work on making the footer into a floating group. Iā€™m not sure why changing your group into a floating group would cause many errors. Maybe you can share some of the errors so we can help you work through them.

Hope that helps a bit. :blush:

Thanks J805. I will take a break and try again next week. A refreshed mind might be the trick. I will let you know. Have a good weekend.

1 Like

That always helps. Have a good weekend. :blush:

Hi J805,

I recently resolved the problem with my main pageā€™s floating group where I found an unnecessary 300% height property. Upon removing it, the issue was resolved. Thanks for your help.

Odd. Another quirk that i spotted over the weekend and, its again connected to the floating group.

Clicking the address box triggers the sidebar perfectly.
I used the ā€˜collapse when hiddenā€™ option for the space that the hidden header occupies, hoping it would eliminate the extra space and allow the sidebar to appear correctly. Unfortunately, this has led to a new complication: with the ā€˜collapse when hiddenā€™ feature active, clicking the address box the sidebar does not appear and only shows up at the bottom of the screen upon scrolling down as a floating ā€˜barā€™ .

Iā€™d truly appreciate any advice or potential solutions to this issue. Thank you for your time and assistance!. If you have the time, you are welcome to go in and have a look.

1 Like

Hmm :thinking: Thatā€™s tricky without seeing more of your project.

I would suggest looking for anything else that might be using a percentage. These are hard to work with. You can also check to make sure ā€˜collapse when hiddenā€™ is checked for any elements that are hidden.

I recommend using the inspect tool to see if there is a group there and what it is called. Then you can check the editor for that group or element and see how to fix it. :blush:

Hi j805,

Sorted. There was an obscure 150% attached to a fixed title.
Thank you for all your help.
Mark

1 Like

Glad you found it. :raised_hands:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.