Interactive story app told with video/interactivity

I’m being a little vague here, but am wondering if it is possible to use Bubble to create an interactive story app with embedded video and interactive elements to navigate through the story. A kind of digital “choose your own adventure” with video. I don’t want to use streaming and would like to embed the individual video elements in the app.

1 Like

Sounds like a cool project!

I think you could do that, yes. You can upload videos of your own - and you can design different button to navigate through your story.

There is a lot possibility when building with Bubble. You can hide and show your videos depending on where your user clicks etc.

• You can hide and show buttons as well - based on which video is visible, or which elements (buttons) are visible.

Explore the bubble editor - I think you will be able to do a lot of what you want to do.
Good luck

3 Likes

Cool. I’m having a bit of trouble figuring out how to upload videos, and place them into a native app page. I think I know how to show and hide them with buttons, but how do I get them into my project?

I know how to create data types and can see that you can upload if your data is a file. Stuck there though.

Thanks,

Brad

I personally have not used videos in my app yet, so I can’t say for sure.
There is a plugin called Ziggeo that will allow you to use videos; that will likely be the way to do it.

• Check the plugin button in the editor.

Here’s a good reference:
New features announcements & latest deployments?

Ziggeo will let you “record” video and then play it back.

But I think you are asking how you upload a video “file” and play it back ?

I may be wrong, but I think you must upload to Youtube or Vimeo and play from there ?