Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Intercom Complete API + Chat

Pushed created_at attribute on User Chat and Company Chat :+1:

1 Like

Thanks @nocodeventure ! Just seeing this now, but adding this in. Big help!

I have one more request for you - is it possible to add the ‘search for contact’ API? Single field would likely be sufficient.

Related, is it possible for the ‘user chat’ response to be used in the API itself? I’d like to be able to save the intercom ID in my DB so I can later modify them.

I believe you can use the query api to search for contacts but I’ll also look into this one you mentioned.

Re the user chat, not sure what you mean

Thanks! Let me know what you find, much appreciated.

In terms of the user chat/ID, I am asking the following:

• When I trigger ‘user company chat’, it creates a new contact on Intercom if it is their first time on my app (otherwise, it identifies them as an existing user).
  • Intercom assigns them an ID that it uses internally.
  • I also pass in a unique ID, but that is not the same as the Intercom ID
  • Is it possible to capture this Intercom ID somehow?

The reason I want this is so I can then later modify or delete that contact from Intercom. If you notice the delete contact API call takes in the intercom ID as the only parameter; as of now, I don’t know how to access that ID from my app.

The search api is already on the plugin: Search Query. Re your second question, I believe that’s the reason for implementing the Search as the company chat script is a client-side script, so essentially doesn’t return any values to your app.

You can search for the customer using the unique ID you assigned. The field you assigned is called external_id