Introducing openBuild - A platform to manage the development of your bubble app. Sign up for beta access!

Hi there, we are starting an app in Bubble and I am keen to organise the work given 4 part-time people involved. I have “registered” to be part of the Beta test but have not received any comms back. Can I confirm that you have received our request and could you please advise? If we can’t use openBuild, then I will figure out another way to manage the work. Thanks Sandra

PS also congratulations on a great initiative

Hi Sandra,

That’s great to hear! :smiley:

We just added support for multi-users with a permission based system and would love to get your feedback on that. Yes, we are still in beta (we’ll beginning to collect user feedback soon) but the project management system is solid.

I’ll add you right now and if you have any further questions or you want some insights in how to best use this as a team, let me know!

Thanks!

That is fantastic news - thank you Vincent. Now should I have received and email with credentials to login? Cheers Sandra

Hey guys did you end up lunching this??

1 Like

Hi @chad,

Nice timing indeed, we are finalizing a new openbuild version, that, based on our beta feedbacks, will be far more oriented toward design and UI features for bubble. The public launch will hopefully be in the coming days :coffee::coffee::coffee:

1 Like

Excellent I signed up for the beta version however I run into some time constraints.
I would like to get access when your ready and evaluate the new version once it’s ready

1 Like

I just saw the change, very interesting approach. I like the idea of being able to shop around for components that I can copy-pasta to my own application.
(I didn’t, however, get it to work properly).

No one liked the colors thing?

Hey @rico.trevisan

You were not supposed to see already the new thing yet :sweat_smile: but happy to read your early feedback! it will be ready soon, and you’ll understand better once you see the full picture.

Regarding the color stuff, like many other feebacks we had, design consistency and structure is the first job-to-be-done supported by this new version. So while we haven’t precisely implemented this, the product should help to keep consistency in Colors among other stuffs.

More to come very soon!

1 Like

Interestingly, it doesn’t seem to work on dedicated instances. I’m still excited to use it once it is working.

Hi @josh10,

Sorry got that, Indeed we are not supporting apps on dedicated servers yet. As it would require a lots of conditions and work on our side, we are currently gauging a bit the demand for it before maybe putting that on our priorities. So I’ll definitely add your vote on that point :wink:

1 Like

This “Learn More” link does not bring you anywhere. Please change that. :slightly_smiling_face:

• Make the link work
0 voters
1 Like

Thanks for spotting it, will fix it :wink:

1 Like

Thank you!

Here are some “Bugs” I found:
Hello! I just downloaded the extension and reloaded my open bubble editor and the first thing I noticed was that there was an image that was not loaded. (Here’s what it looks like:image)
For some reason, my computer blocks i.imgur.com images. (Not your problem) Do you think you could upload an image on a “test page” of your bubble app and use the image that Bubble uploaded to Amazon servers in your extension? Thanks in advance.
(btw, this extension and site are amazing!)
Also, the “Unsubscribe - Unsubscribe Preferences” footer of the “Thanks for signing up email” doesn’t have working links.

(P.S. I didn’t know you still can add collaborators! Thanks for letting me know this was possible!)

1 Like

This looks like an awesome tool.

My biggest complaint with bubble is the lack of “pull request” feature that is available via github. I’m never quite comfortable with outsiders working in my app b/c I’m not sure what they’re changing. Bubble’s built in “sync to live version” function doesn’t quite cut it.

Does openBuild solve for that? @mattmazzega

Hi @tyler2,

Just to complete the thread here, the last public version of openbuild has been announced and discussed here :

http://forum.bubble.io/t/openbuild-ui-builder-personal-library-for-bubble-easily-build-custom-design-in-your-bubble-app

Regarding your question , with the task and versions features of openbuild you can align more with your team regarding who did what and what has been pushed. But it’s definitely a manual process - even if it’s connected to some Bubble datapoints - more than a real git workflow type. It offers you at least a process and a common place to align the team and centralise informations about the dev progress of the app. Regarding task list, right from your editor with openbuild extension , which is quite useful.

To add on that, I think Bubble team is going to rethink their multi-development environment to make it more efficient and useable. So hopefully, it should respond to your needs.

Two annoyances I’ve discovered while loving the program itself:

Going to openbuild.io, I CANNOT find how to log in so I can upgrade my plan and start building page specific options.

Secondly, I had accidentally created an openbuild account with the wrong email and connected it to an app. I then realized there was no way to delete my connection to that app in the settings so I could reassign it. This is an important feature that, if it exists, is not obvious.

Hope those UI tips are helpful. Some obvious things can be easily missed, I get it. Thanks for building something so incredibly helpful and beautifully designed.

EDIT: it also talks about a color pallette and easily editing all styles? Where do I find that?

Hi @alex.p,

First of all, thanks a lot for the nice overall feedback and sorry for the annoyances!

Regarding the login, indeed as you’re logged-in, the ‘login’ button doesnt show in the header. But we seemed to miss an auto-redirect to the app home as you’re logged-in :confused: We’ll fix that asap! In the mean time, from the extension, if you click the top right profile menu, you can open the webapp from there ( Clicking Full screen library)

For the second scenario, if I understand well. What you can do is with the first email you signed up, add your second email account as member of the project (in settings). So from there, with the second account, you will be able to access openbuild for this app too. In case, you still have issues, let me know in PM which is the right/wrong account and the app, and I can handle the change directly in the backend :wink:

Thanks again for the bug report & feedbacks, will definitely put that on our todo list ! If any others issues, please let us know!

Thanks! And I found the color palette :slight_smile:

1 Like

This looks super cool!

Trying to implement it within my bubble app and it doesn’t seem to be working - looks like an issue on the Openbuild side - I’ve signed up and added openbuild to the list of users etc as instructed but it’s not finding my app. I also tried doing it via the chrome plugin and it doesn’t let me login - error dialogue box has title “An embedded page at www.openbuild.io says” with body “Sorry, we ran into a temporary bug and can’t complete your request. We’ll fix it as soon as we can; please try again in a bit!”.

Any ideas as to how to fix this?

Thanks!