Introducing TheirLabel: domain name white-labeling for Bubble

@LinuxUser and @solinz TheirLabel can now process url parameters sent to the white label. Please upgrade your plugin to the latest version to use. Then you will be able to use Bubble’s standard Get parameter from urlfunction to glean parameters like so:
I have also updated the demo page to illustrate the concept and you can see this directly in the bubble editor :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Brilliant!!! Thanks @zelus_pudding

Thaaaaaaanks i would say now this a complete white label solution…

Get parameter is clear. but how do i send parameter…
for example i will process the Payment gateway API then the result parameter i want to send along with white labeled to payment gateway portal. ?

Hello solinz! I have replied to your direct message :slight_smile:

When I update the title of the page its not updating it. Also the ssl wont work … giving the error: Bad DNS for custom domain (I setup a alias with cloudflare).

Hey Ab, thanks for your message!

As mentioned in the docs, TheirLabel is an iFrame only solution to the “How can I publish one bubble app across multiple domains?” problem.

You’re certainly welcome to let Bubble know of your need for a more complete solution to this! The reason I built TheirLabel was because Bubble engineers/leadership have made it clear this is not a problem they are going to solve soon (if I recall correctly, folks in the forum have been asking for this feature since as early as 2018).

In July of this year Scott Barnett mentioned;

which would mean they likely won’t touch it earlier than January 2021. Even then, it will likely be many months before the feature rolls out, because, as @josh has said

So it’s my understanding that TheirLabel is currently the closest/most automated solution Bubbler’s have to implement a white label experience. It was inspired by @NigelG’s solution to this but as I shared in the docs, it is only a partial/interim solution until Bubble produces the one we want.

That said, I am not sure how involving a reverse proxy will help your setup (TheirLabel does not require that). Since this is an iFrame solution, those seo drawbacks are a valid concern. Even so, editing the page title and securing via ssl has been shown to work across various implementations, so I think we should be able to get it working for you. Are you using Cloudflare strictly as a DNS or as some fancy caching mechanism? If the latter, can you please make sure to clear the cache to see if that updates the page title? as for SSL, it can take time for those settings to take effect (up to 24 hours). Finally, I can assure you that running workflows should work completely as usual. Have you had a chance to peruse my exact setup for TheirLabel? That link details how I set up my demo for Their Label in Bubble.

2 Likes

Thnx for your long reply. Ill try to figure it out with bubble support :slight_smile:

1 Like

You bet! Please let me know if I can help in any other way.

1 Like

Thank for this great plugin which is super easy to implement!

I also face an issue with the page title, which stays “White Label Bubble Apps” even after clearing the cache. This is true for multiple domains that I tried.

How can I fix this? Thanks for your help!

Hey Maru,
Thank you for your message :slight_smile: With the page title issue, I will have to look into this tomorrow evening as I do not have access to my regular development computer at this time. I will let you know what I find / when I push the required updates. Thank you!

1 Like

Alrighty Maru, sorry for the delay - I was on a trip these past 2 days and just got back. In addition to your message, there is also a feature request for adding a custom favicon. If I’m unable to push these updates out today it will certainly be by tomorrow. Thank you for your patience :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @maru, @gaimed, I have updated TheirLabel so that page title is now dynamic/can be updated. I have also added support for setting a custom favicon in the page tab. To use this update, please upgrade your plugin to version 1.3.3 . Then, you will see that the “Update white label” action now has a favicon_url field in which you can (optionally) add your favicon url:

Let me know how it goes. Cheers!

2 Likes

Hi @zelus_pudding Thanks for the fast update! Setting page / tab titles now works very well. :clap:

1 Like

Hi @zelus_pudding , thank you very much it is working very well.

I have a question :
Is it possible to use the paid domain name instead of the bubble free adress before doing the white-label process ? Meaning is it possible to white-label a domain nam and not the bubble free adress ?

I have an issue which maybe you know : on mobile with chrome (not safari) but on an iphone, it is not possible to login (cookie) issue. Is there anything that you can do ?

Thank you

Good morning Alex, yes - this is possible :slight_smile: Works the same way as when you whitelabelled the free bubble address just you would and insert your paid domain name instead of Bubble’s.

I haven’t heard of this one before. Can you follow these instruction for allowing cookies on chrome and let me know if that fixes the issue for you? Thanks

Hi, it seems to be fixed. Thanks !

1 Like

Unfortunately I tried and the page appear blank.
On the the iframe page I still have my last free bubble domain adress name (cf html code).
And this free bubble domaine adress is not redirecting automatically towards my paid domain adress.

I just want to thank you for the time, effort, creativity and care you put into the documentation. Even my dog will be able to set it up with that kind of documentation. Thank you.
And, of course, great plugin!

1 Like

Aww, thank you so much for those kind words Deniafe :heart: It really means a lot! And if for some reason something in the documentation is unclear or not working, please reach out and we’ll be sure to help :slight_smile: thank you again!

I am new to bubble. I didnt see support for saas like subdomain support. I looked at the plugins and saw there are two.

How does this plugin compair to:

1 Like