Is it a bug or me?

Probably me! But I’ve spent hours trying to get my custom state to change an icon. Using the debugger I see that on icon click, it tries to set my custom state to “yes” but it shows as (empty), see my screenshots…

Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 11.31.27 Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 11.28.12

NB/ The first Set State on that workflow was just to reset it to empty. The default is No.

But why is it saying the the value is empty but the evaluator shows my setting to “yes” - in blue on the right…?

Bubble wont let me post or open up a topic i dont know what to do
luckily i can reply to your Question

Hey :wave: @martin10

I know set states can be a bit confusing. Let me see if I can help.

So if you want to change that set state to yes, then just delete the blue text and just choose “yes” from the dynamic data. I think that is what you are looking for. Let me know if you want me to do an example for you.

At the moment you are just referencing itself, and if you just cleared out the value right before, then it won’t be yes. Hope that makes sense.

Hope that helps! :blush:

@j805 www.NoCodeMinute.com

For All Your No-Code Education Needs:

• One-on-One Tutoring
  • eLearning Hub
  • Video Tutorials
  • No-Code Classes

Many thanks. Just read this. I eventually worked this out - after hours of head scratching. You may look back on your initial learning curve with fondness :slight_smile: Right now it’s a struggle :slight_smile: But I’m making progress.

1 Like

Keep up the good work. Glad you got it figured out. :blush: