Is it possible to actively manage +/- server capacity by day?

My app has very predictable usage spikes based on calendar events. What I’d love to be able to do is upgrade to Professional with extra capacity during the predicted spikes, and then scale back to Personal during the predicted low periods. Is this possible? If the Personal plan is equivalent of 1 capacity unit, my ideal based on what I know is going to happen on my site this month would be, from March 1st through 31st, something like a daily capacity allocation of: 1-1-1-2-4-4-4-1-1-3-4-4-1-1-4-2-2-4-4-1-4-4-2-1-1-4-4-4-1-1-1. The extra capacity with Professional is pretty useless to me on half of the days, and just barely enough on the other half. And again, I know exactly what days the spikes are coming. Any ideas?

It’s a request that I’m surprised i haven’t seen many times before. With standard deviation, you have the concept of autoscaling to meet demand. I’d love the ability to set a max capacity the app can utilize before sending me a warning or capping out, then bill me based on usage like AWS or Azure does. Pay for what you use, so to speak.

Exactly.

I should add … I do understand the desire for @Bubble to have predictable SaaS revenue, and higher-priced subscriptions. I’m just saying that for the same dollars per month I’m going to pay anyways, I wish I could distribute my monthly capacity allocation differently to suit my application’s unique needs. The money going to Bubble would be exactly the same, if not even a bit more! (If you add up my daily values above, it’s more than 2x31 which is what I’m buying on the straight line Professional plan).

3 Likes

Bubble enables you to actively manage capacity, since you can upgrade and downgrade capacity at any time and the cost is prorated.

1 Like

True - and this was worth noting - but I think what the OP and others here are suggesting is some sort of non-manual adjustment, like allow capacity to fluctuate within some range of units, eh?

I definitely did not realize that, so I appreciate the additional info. So I can just keep downgrading and upgrading freely and it will keep track of it all and only charge me accordingly? I think I’ll try that … right now.

1 Like