Is it time to abandon Bubble.io as a solution?

interesting thread. currently eval on bubble and am more intrigued with the UI than with a rev 2 overlay on existing REST APIs that can exist independent of the UI / event / data / flow.

Is it unwise to assume that arch. approach going forward may WANT the extra expense + extra complexity involved in separate API being there to do what it does well ( CRUD wrapper, persistence wrapper )?

if you adopt bubble do you throw everything else out?

I ran into issues processing large lists in order + sequencing events in Bubble while building my application as well.

I ended up going the (Bubble for front end + database) + (external Node.js API for larger processes/computations). While it’s not 100% no code, it has been a huge relief to know that my data is being processed completely and in order.

That said, I still save a LOT of time using Bubble for other software functionalities so I don’t think you need to scrap your entire app.

1 Like

Hello @eddie5 if you are thinking on building your own API and hosting it I highly recommend you take a look at wappler. I’m both a bubble and wappler developer and tbh if you’re willing to host wappler opens a huge potential while still leveraging lo-code. (there’s a bit of a learning curve, but its totally worth it).

1 Like

Bubble is not sql. Backend workflows work but you have to run them slow and be creative in the way you design dependant flows. Personally I’d love for bubble to have a more reliable throttling mechanism for backend workflows instead of just timing out.

2 Likes