Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Is there really no way to set up urls in a logical hierarchy?

I’ve scoured the forums and as far as I can tell I can’t do something basic like the following URL if I have a User and a posts page that where the page has a User as it’s data type:

mydomain.com/username/posts

The only thing I can do is mydomain.com/posts/username which is an initiative hierarchy I’ve never seen on any website.

I know I can use URL parameters but that isn’t what I’m looking for.

Is there ANY way to do what I’m looking for?

Thanks

Hey @JayM :hugs:
The only way to do that would be to set up the routing with the plugins like our Router plugin URL Router for Navigation | Plugin for Bubble by Zeroqode It will be very close to what you want yet not 100% , but very close :slightly_smiling_face: because the first “name” in the URL that comes after the domain - is the page name. So except using the plugin, you will have to create a page with the dynamic name (which is impossible as far as I may know). but the second “name” in the URL is pretty changeable, because you can easily manipulate it with the URL router plugin or bubble’s “slug” value.

Hope it helps :wink:

Mizhgon Bakhti
Marketing Manager @ Zeroqode
#1 Bubble Publisher and Developer

logo-icon-S-circle

100+ Bubble Templates
25+ Bubble Courses
250+ Bubble Plugins
20+ Bubble Building Blocks
Convert Web to iOS & Android
No-code Development Services
Zero Code Conference Replay - watch all the no-code industry leaders share their expertise and insights on building and scaling startups without code

1 Like

Funny I did end up finding this plugin yesterday. It got me 50% there but some of my pages are made of several reusable elements, and it’s not clear how to “pass” changes between them and the page or between them through the page.

The whole router concept is not super clear, and the router changed workflow doesn’t seem to work for a router on the page, which a router in an element changed the URL. Again, I am probably misunderstanding exactly how it works, but I have not found clear instructions on any of your pages and had to “reverse engineer” some of it from the demo app.

Regarding the usage of the plugin inside the reusable element - unfortunately, it is not possible. The plugin will work fine only if you place it on a regular page (not a reusable element).Regarding the “the whole router concept is not clear” - it is pretty crystal clear. This plugin is used for adding the “additional names” into the page URL for user guiding purposes. For example, you have a SPA (single-page app) that contains a lot of sections and groups. To guide the user through these groups, you can use the plugin that will change the URL (add in there some additional section names), depending on the section user is previewing. How does it work in the plugin - you click on some button, named Profile, for example; then the group Profile is opened (without leaving the current page) and the page URL is changing from yourwebsite.com to yourwebsite.com/profile. That’s all.To understand better how does the plugin work, I’d recommend checking carefully the plugin demo page and editor. It should help much if the user has at least the Beginner Bubble skills.

Hope this help :wink:

MIzhgon Bakhti
Marketing Manager @ Zeroqode
#1 Bubble Publisher and Developer

logo-icon-S-circle

100+ Bubble Templates
25+ Bubble Courses
250+ Bubble Plugins
20+ Bubble Building Blocks
Convert Web to iOS & Android
No-code Development Services
Zero Code Conference Replay - watch all the no-code industry leaders share their expertise and insights on building and scaling startups without code