Is this even possible to do?

I’m working on building a job board site.

Companies can come onto my site and post an ad, and then people interested in a job can click on the ad and apply for the position - think indeed or zip recruiter.

Now normally, a company would pay one upfront fee to post their ad. This is simple and easy to integrate. One stripe payment, and bingo.

What I want to do is this: I want to make my site so that it is possible for companies to post their ads for free, and they get charged ONLY when someone clicks on their ad and applies. This means that they would need to get charged multiple times, well after they have left the site and are minding their business.

How would I go about implementing this?

Thank you so much for reading. If you have an idea to a solution, a response would be greatly appreciate. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

My advice would be to track the amount of clicks an ad has, and just charge the client at the end of the month. Charging per click every single time is still doable, but horrible experience to the client in my opinion.

4 Likes

Thanks Lantz, in hindsight I think that is much better for the user. Would be weird seeing 50 different $2 charges in your account. :sweat_smile:

So, now that I am going to be going ahead with your suggestion, what would be the best way to implement it?

I could store the ‘number of clicks’ data in the job data model. Then what? How would I actually charge the user?

Example:
(Let’s say there are 50 people who apply to a position. If each click is worth 5$, how would I charge the user 250$ at the end of the month?)

Thanks mate :+1: I understand your time is valuable, so if you could provide some help that would be great

1 Like

Easiest way would just be using the clicks as the product ‘quantity’ then going through a normal payment flow. Just like you would with a shopping cart, with x product and x amount of them, done.

Hope that made sense.

1 Like

Yea I understand. So this is how the payment flow would work:

1. Client lists an ad on my site
  2. 100 people click on the ad after 30 days
  3. Client get’s charged automatically

I want to know how can I charge them at step 3, without them personally going through the payment checkout flow (it would be impossible anyways to make them go through it manually unless I email them and say 'hey man can you pay me 500$ now?’)

If this next solution will work then my problem is solved:

• Is it possible to collect their card information through Stripe at step 1, and then set up a system to automatically charge them at step 3, based on clicks * ad cost?

Thanks, I hope this isn’t confusing

Cheers

Yep! This is the way I’d do it.

I’m not 100% familiar with the native bubble plugin for stripe but I assume you’d be able to do it with that. There should be actions to collect users credit card. Then check the forum for scheduled workflows, so that you can charge the client at the end of the month using the charge user workflow. Good user experience would be to send the client an email letting them know the number of clicks/ads and to let them know they’ve been charged.

1 Like

Thank you so much! This was really useful. As a new user to bubble who was kind of lost, I appreciate your help a lot. Surprised to see how much functionality this site really has.

I’ll be sure to privately message you a link to the finished product when it is done. Until then, I wish you all the best. :smiley:

1 Like

My pleasure, good luck on your project. :+1:

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.