Is this the biggest limitation of Bubble?

Interesting. We paid quite a chunk of change for our brand typography. It seems there are unexpected disappointments around every corner when dealing with the major internet-based companies. It feels like Apple, Google, Facebook all make breaking changes on a whim without notice. It’s very frustrating.

Is there a way to do this via the Bubble style sheet, or do I have to go and add conditionals to every element in my app?

Thats unfortunately how cross browser tends to work, you can either add a css body fallback or do on individual elements.

1 Like

I mentioned this in my bug report and Bubble’s reply: "It is expected to see this discrepancy in the text font as our engineers have to modify the way that the Facebook browser loads fonts in order to resolve this issue as a whole. Our team will continue to improve how Bubble apps render in the Facebook browser in more detail now that the top priority of getting them to load has been accomplished. "

I think the websafe fonts approach as an interim is worth exploring.

1 Like

Thank you both! This is why the Bubble community is the best.

EDIT:

I think this might be the best fix considering how much font sizes can vary, which is an issue when you have complex branding/formatting. I like the idea of asking users to switch over to the proper experience rather than providing a sub-par experience.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.