Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

[Jan 14, 2021] BDK Native Apps v1.9 Released

Hello Bubblers,

Hope you are having a good and safe new year. Happy to introduce a new version of BDK Native Apps - v1.9. This release brings new capabilities around deep linking and growing your user base. We have integrated tools from Firebase such as dynamic links, analytics, and in-app messaging. All of it in the same seamless no-code, no-complexity fashion :smiley:

Details of the v1.9 release are here.

We wrapped up 2020 with customers of all sizes, apps of all kinds, all the way from New Zealand to San Francisco. BDK Native is now used by bubblers in 35+ countries, across all continents. Antarctica however, is still beyond our reach :frowning:

Looking forward to working with more of the bubble community in 2021. If you’re haven’t heard of BDK before (or in a while), do check it out at thebdk.com

Cheers & Happy Bubbling,
Gaurav

8 Likes

Hey, @gaurav,

I´m looking to buy the native app service and it´s very cool.

The “Offline Detection” feature doesn´t appear in my workflow element. How can I solve this?

P.S. I´m from Mexico
Thanks in advance :slightly_smiling_face: :computer:

1 Like

Hello Gaura

Does your product convert Bubble’s html dom to native code or is this another Webview wrapper with some native functions? Are you using jasonelle also?
https://jasonelle.com/ or perhaps cordova?
https://cordova.apache.org/

What I am after is something that can create clean IOS code without wrapper from Bubble code. This is mainly for performance and general styling, less limitations. From what I have seen by your exhibitions these apps are clearly webview based, maybe i’m missing something here to your expensive price.

Would you think about creating a good fullproof service by Nativescript or React Native?

Webview apps to me are just so much inferior to native code. This a very old obsolete approach.

Hi @susanmariosarsfield

I don’t believe any tech exists today (atleast to my knowledge) that converts html to native code. That actually doesn’t make any sense from a technical standpoint.

If you want to use Nativescript or React Native why even bother with bubble? There are no-code pure native code generators like Adalo, Thunkable etc. If you’re looking for native code, bubble is not the right place to look. The only place for bubble in such an approach is as-a-backend. For this you’re probably better off using a non-bubble solution like AWS amplify admin or something else so that you have unrestricted access to your backend with great performance.

BDK Native isn’t just a webview, but rather a native environment that plugs into the bubble app. There are lots of native feature & modules of the device, which bubble app gets to control. Also, our customers don’t need to do technical stuff like app compilation, deal with provisioning & keystores, or generate certificates. This is the same philosophy as bubble wherein a bubbler doesn’t need to provision databases or servers to build webapps.

The objective behind bdk native is to extend the power & flexibility of bubble into the native environment without reducing the speed of development and iteration for bubblers. Hence I don’t have any plan to remove bubble from that equation. Fwiw regarding price, by the time you are done with a 4-hour introductory meeting with a react / pure native developer, you would have already spent more on development than entire bdk native solution.

I’d recommend also to take a alternate perspective from bubblers who have built bubble-based apps & native apps. They serve tens of thousands of users, while already fundraising and without having spent thousands of dollars on hiring coders. I think the response you will hear is that native code is superior in performance but vastly inferior in building & iterating a business fast.

1 Like

Thank you @hacker :smiley:

It should show up in your list of bubble events for workflows if you have the native apps (bdk) plugin installed and placed an app info element on the page. Here’s where you will find the workflow trigger (just search for BN)

1 Like

Hi @hacker,

I think your bubble development environment is password protected for version-test site. Thats why it shows blank (since you can’t enter username password on that browser prompt). You’ll need to either deploy live or remove the password protection from your version test site in bubble settings.

Ohh, thanks @gaurav. Now it works