Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Largest Sum Value in Lookup

I have a table, advertising, that has thousands of records in it. Each record is for a specific day in a campaign and with the keyword and a sales amount associated with that. keyword for that day. I need to lookup my best performing keyword. So, I need to do a lookup that will sum all of the sales and then give me the keyword with the highest sales total. This is for a group and I will then have other fields in this group that will use this Parent lookup. I was trying to use the groupby function but it would not complete. Below is what I have tried. Thoughts? Is there another way?

You are not using the group by operator

I don’t know how your screen shot is able to show type of content as Grouping with the group by parameters setup without having first in the data source after the Search for Advertising not used the group by operator.

Should look like this

Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 10.57.07 AM

My only assumption is you had another data source setup properly before and then changed it as there is no way to select type of content to be grouping without first selecting the group by operator.

Does it have anything to do with the fact that I am not using a repeating group?

Yes, how would you group a single value? The group by feature is only available for lists.