Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Leafy Maps 🌿 (new free plugin)

I can’t see any other explanation :wink:
Anyway, thanks once again and really great work for the plugin! Very much appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Vini,

First: Thanks for all the work and the nice plugin!

About the click/hoover marker workflow:
I’m able to detect the Leafy Map X Click/Hoover ID.
At that point I want to show data that is in the filtered repeating group that correspond to the clicked/hooverd marker.

about the zoom number:
As we have coordinates over the world, is it possible to zoom in as close as possible and see all markers?
If markers are in Chile and USA the zoom will result in viewing USA and Chile in 1 view.
If markers are in France and Italy the zoom will result in viewing France and Italy in 1 view.
If markers are in 1 street the zoom will result in viewing the only the street.

Do you also have a plugin demo site, so I can have a look into the editor?

Thanks a lot for your help!
Marco

@vini_brito I just noticed that Erase List of Markers is not longer working on 5.1 onwards.

5.01 was the last working version.

@f11 Thanks for letting me know! Will look into it eventually.
@marco1 Yeah, check this thread for examples, there are plenty (:
There’s one especially that does what you asked.

Hi Vini,

Maybe it’s an option to add this information that is spread over the 244 reactions into your initial (1th) message?
In that case all newbie’s can find the information easier…

Hey All. I’m looking for info on using here.com with leafy maps. I searched this post but could not find it, maybe I missed it? This post is great, but seems like maybe I am missing documentation somewhere?

1. How to get the token from here.com (I can find API keys so not sure if that is what is needed)
  2. Info on what the various HERE actions and events do.

Thanks in advance!

Hi all,
I’m switching an app from gg maps to leafy map (mapbox). Almost everything was ok but 2 things:

1. Is there a way to customize the map with my own colors (instead of using the presets included in the plugin) ?
  2. I tried to use a custom marker, but the anchor is the left upper corner and I don’t know how to change that. Any idea?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thierry

@marco1 Yeah I daydream about when I’ll be able to sort all my public plugins docs out, it’s work for an entire month for an intern :joy: so for now you’ll have to rely on your search-fu skill.

@crathbun I do have a PDF for Here, its docs is still unpublished, no time for that too, but if you send me a private message I’ll be sending that PDF for you.

@b00778579 Not currently, but if you’re interested in sponsoring these features they could become a reality :blush:
For example you could use mapbox’s studio and create your very own map and load it.
On the custom marker anchor, I can expose a few fields to set its positioning.

1 Like

Hey @vini_brito. Is there a way to use the map’s Zoom level in a workflow? IE show X at zoom level Y like on this google map?

I want the user to be able to click on the map to get the lat and long of the click but only if they are zoomed in enough.

Thanks.

I can expose that value next time I work on it (:

Vinihero!

1 Like

my implementation looks like your example, but i have the following error:
The plugin Leafy Maps / action Display weather overlay on a Leafy map threw the following error: g/<@https://unpkg.com/[email protected]/dist/leaflet.js:5:1532
[email protected]https://unpkg.com/[email protected]/dist/leaflet.js:5:1477
[email protected]https://unpkg.com/[email protected]/dist/leaflet.js:5:112456 (please report this to the plugin author)

API key is present?

@vini_brito Is it possible to add a feature where you add list of markers and are able to add dynamic data to each marker?. its a feature similar to what BDK has, but I want to avoid Google maps as much as possible. Their prices are too expensive.

I noticed with leafy maps I am able to ad custom data to a single marker and manipulate it freely, so I was even trying to loop the add marker function with no success. Would it be difficult to implement this feature or do you know anyway around it thanks.

My use case is that I want to display list of thing “Driver” (this thing has lat and lon, online, offline, etc) and display it to the user. so when a user clicks on a marker it displays that things properties (name, pic of driver, pic of car, etc) and i can use that thing in a custom state to create an appointment.

Yeah it’s possible, check the bidirectional filter for thing example in this thread and also the custom popups example in another thread in the forum.
One day I’ll consolidate all docs, but until then some scavenging will be needed.

@vini_brito YES!. this is the functionality that I need. I will test it out and get back to you.

Hi,
Is there a way to load list of markers onto a map, but in such a way that the list is narrowed down to only those, for which coordinates match currently visible map area?
I want to avoid a situation, where I have approx 1000 points for the whole country, and the whole list always loads for every single user. From performance perspective, it would make sens to only load those which match visible part of the map.
Any thoughts?

The function works as described. Thanks a lot :partying_face:

@macinrr I’m not sure its possible like that, Cause think about it, if i,m zoomed in too close to the map I get less locations but if i’m zoomed out too far I still end up loading all locations

But you can use the user’s current location and generate a list of locations whose points is x distance from the user’s current location.

Then give the user the ability to manually choose a location to see more results

1 Like

@vini_brito , getting this error when trying to add a custom marker. Any thoughts?

The plugin Leafy Maps / action Show custom popup on marker a Leafy map threw the following error: TypeError: Cannot read property 'bindPopup' of undefined
    at eval (PLUGIN_Leafy-Maps-element_action--Leafy-map-Show-custom-popup-on-marker-.js:56:60)
    at https://dhtiece9044ep.cloudfront.net/package/run_debug_js/4deca6f75b13212155af385ab95b1092b2d7ec165bb87cf440d6f2d4aa6f2e60/xfalse/x13:6:2010809 (please report this to the plugin author)