Leafy Maps šŸŒæ (new free plugin)

Hi @vini_brito first of all great plugin, thank you!

Iā€™ve a question, is it possible, when the map shows up, to have a specific markerā€™s popup already open?

For example, I have two types of markers:
a blu one for the user and red ones for shops around him,
is it possible to show the blue marker with the the popup already open with text ā€œyour positionā€ as it was a caption?

Thank you!

Not in an easy manner for you to do, but I have backlogged that for the next time I get to have some effort on Leafy.
Meanwhile, you can use a different color for that marker! :blush:

The cluster has some rules on splitting, if you can make an isolated example of the two issues you raised then I might be able to debug them eventually :blush:

Thank you!

You can find an example on the main page of my website (SoGoodz), youā€™ll find that if you click on the first cluster composed of multiple markers, it divides 1 time when locations are different but not when itā€™s the same location.

As for the second issue, i canā€™t reproduce it right now, as it magically working again. Iā€™ll let you know if it happens again.

@vini_brito Hello, have you been able to identify the issue or would you need more informations for the matter ?

Yep, Iā€™ve seen the issue, the lower right cluster didnā€™t split, can you share with me their coordinates? Next time I get work on Leafy done Iā€™ll use your coordinates to reproduce it and tinker with the configuration parameters to see if this behavior can be improved.

Sure, but i donā€™t think itā€™s related to specific coordinates as itā€™s happening each time I have multiple markers on same location. For example :

I donā€™t know if it could help you but iā€™ve found this thread about a similiar issue on the leaftlet github where the poster found a solution : Does not show multiple markers spider on the exact same location. Ā· Issue #345 Ā· Leaflet/Leaflet.markercluster Ā· GitHub

I tried to override it myself throught JS but I didnā€™t manage to succeed

Hello,

I am being such a noob but how do I apply a specific mapbox style I created onto it?

@yesdog You mean something created in Mapbox Studio? Currently you canā€™t, that feature has to be created, if you or someone else could sponsor the work for that feature to be built would be awesome :blush: not the first time it is requested.

@azelmar I donā€™t think itā€™s related to specific coordinates too, it just will help me reproduce it and crush it with more certainty. Maybe thatā€™s not the issue, but probably it would be tough for you to override it without editing the source code, so even if that is the issue it would be better if you forked it and edited it, since you are willing to do it yourself.

Alright, hereā€™s one of the coordinates : Lat : 48.8008918762207 Long : 2.3120856285095215
Thank you for the advice, iā€™ll try to fork it when Github oath is up again.

I might be wrong but it think itā€™s because you disabled this option (which is true by default)

According to the leaftlet docs :

• spiderfyOnMaxZoom: When you click a cluster at the bottom zoom level we spiderfy it so you can see all of its markers. (Note: the spiderfy occurs at the current zoom level if all items within the cluster are still clustered at the maximum zoom level or at zoom specified by disableClusteringAtZoom option)
1 Like

I ran some test with a fork and hereā€™s the result when updating the parameter to true

1 Like

Awesome! There was a set of reasons for me to use these parameters as they were, so once I test them again Iā€™ll see if I can change that to true without breaking something else, but super thanks for looking into it for me! That was half the work already :wink:
If I update it Iā€™ll let you know so you can use the main version and continue getting updates.

Thanks again! :smile:

3 Likes

OK, so if I understand correctly:

1. Place the list of markers in a repeating group or a state in the proper order
  2. When adding a list of markers use the list in step 1

How do I get the numbers into the custom icon? Assuming I use the Dynamic Image field here to use the listsā€™ index number but just not sure how to proceed here as Iā€™m not familiar with Dynamic Images.

@vini_brito Iā€™ve been trying to Erase List of Markers from map but it doesnā€™t work. I am able to Remove Element from Map when I add a single marker.

Iā€™m not getting any error code and Iā€™m sure that the work flow is running as I tested it on a blank page (but its the same result)

Edit: So I am using the Remove Map / Show Map to clear markers as in my use case it works for me.

@akiempaul Glad you found a way to make it work, but erase list of markers works just fine, no bugs there, itā€™s likely you were setting it up with the mismatched data. :yum:

@crathbun Right now I donā€™t have an example of that to show you, if in the future I do, Iā€™ll let you know :blush:

@vini_brito the custom markers are not in the correct spot, they seem to be floating on the bottom of the point, making the image completely off when zoomed out

It depends on image proportions, if they have the same proportions as the default icons they will be on the same spot.
Alternatively, I can make an improvement to the plugin to expose the anchor point fields so you can tinker with them to make custom icons be properly positioned regardless of image proportions. If your project justifies such an investment, then send me a private message :blush:

Hi @vini_brito, thanks for this amazing free plugin. Iā€™m fairly new at Bubble so excuse me for the rudimentary question. Iā€™m trying to show the custom popup upon hovering a map marker and I want the popup to show another page of my bubble app. However Iā€™m getting the message ā€œ[domain] refused to connectā€ in the popup. Do you know why this is happening?