Leafy Maps 🌿 (new free plugin)

Hi @vini_brito Great plugin! I’m currently using ‘Draw list of polygons’ is there a way to update the stroke and fill styles like in ‘Draw polygon’ and ‘Load Polygons List’?

1 Like

Hi, I upload custom icon to map. How can I do it smaller?

Hi!
I am starting to use bubble. I come from the world of GIS and I would like to create an application that allows me :

• enter points, lines and polygons with related information (pop’up after the creation of the geographical entity)
  • make proportional symbols and chrloropleth maps.
    Could Leafy help me in the implementation of these features?

@vini_brito amazing plugin !
I’m actually trying some of the functionalities and I’m stuck at the Polygon creation.
I’m giving a list of latitudes/longitudes to the “Draw polygon on Leafymap”.

When printing, the list is (Ex: longitudes): 50.56416074135159, 50.5644393079092, 51.564270634777415, 50.56416074135159.

However, I can’t see the Polygon on the map. Am I missing something here?
Also, is there a way to give some geojson directly as input? Or I need another plugin to extract the json data and provide the list to Leaflet?

Thanks

Hi Benji,

Sorry, I’m not answering your question.

Noticed that you are loading some Geojson directly in Leaflet. Is there a way to share how you’ve done it? Tried (for testing) to save the geojson as text in a Things and to give it as input to Leaflet (unfortunately not working :confused: )

Thanks

A new feature will soon be released that will give more GeoJSON support, including from external ones not created through the current “Draw polygon” feature, so wait a little and try the next version :blush:
I will post here when it comes out.

@patricksuarez75015 Everything has a feature to do it directly, except for the choropleth map, maybe you could possibly do it with a lot of tinkering and workarounds, but would be cumbersome.
However, a new feature can be sponsored, if your project has the budget to do so, that way it would be straightforward and documented :wink:

@agropromtrest I would have to test this out and maybe it would require more options to customize size in the add marker actions. Right now I cannot tell.

@recouk31 Update the colors after the polygons are drawn, not currently, but this feature also could be sponsored and built into the plugin.

1 Like

Amazing ! Thanks @vini_brito . Are we speaking of days/months? (just to know if I should go for something custom in the meantime).

I just released it :wink:
Will publish docs later on :blush:

1 Like

Vini,

Hope you’re having a great weekend.
Thanks for the new version of the plugin. It’s helping me to move forward with my map and Geojson data :slight_smile:
I’m right now trying to draw multiple points (sensor results) on the map such that they would be colored according to their value range. It seems like some of the existing functions (“Draw line”, “Draw list of polygons”) might be helpful in this endeavor. One promising approach is to use “Draw list of polygons” and give multiple times the same lat/long. However, at the moment I can’t control the Stroke weight and color.
Do you know if there is a way to do it? Or maybe I’m missing something and there is another way to draw a list of points of different colours on the map? (I tried the marker function but this resulted in the image being way to big, given the density of the points, I need a small point, not an image).

Have a great week end !

1 Like

Only part of the object shows the map. What am I doing wrong?

1 Like

Thanks, @vini_brito you did a amazing job here. Congratulations!

I have one question. is it possible to integrate with the OpenStreetMap?
I really enjoy how complete the openstreetmap is

@emaclassificados
Thank you for the kind words!
Openstreetmaps is already integrated, both Stadia and Mapbox offer them.
However they do it differently, Stadia offers it purely, and Mapbox also offer other sources.

@vgodin
No, no heatmap/cloropeth feature currently built in, but if your project has the ability to do so, you can sponsor the work necessary to build it in.

@martin.bedard Cannot tell, maybe some connectivity issue? This would prevent the other tiles from being downloaded.

1 Like

@vini_brito ,

Thanks for your answer. A heatmap / choropleth could be an interesting feature even if, at the moment, just changing the stroke weight + color could be sufficient.
Is it possible to have more info about the sponsor’s work? (PM? I can’t send you a private message).

Cheers

@vini_brito Hi, Vini! Thank you for this plugin, it’s great!

I’ve got some issue, could you please help to resolve:

When I zoom the map, the markers don’t stick to the coordinates:
screencast 2021-12-18 02-34-00
live: https://my-window-view.bubbleapps.io/page1

For example try to do the same action with Google Map:
screencast 2021-12-18 02-36-50
live: https://my-window-view.bubbleapps.io/

I add markers via workflow when the page is loaded. Am I doing something wrong? Please help how to fix it.

Hi @sergey.titkov! Yes, I can see it happening in your app and it is super weird!
It would be super helpful if you had the time to fill in a bug report here Unlimited Bubbling - Report a bug :blush:

@vini_brito Wow! Thanks for the speedy reply!
Yes, sure. Done.

Is it possible to retrieve the latitude and longitude of a clicked marker? I just found ID and index.

@vini_brito Thank you very much for the recent updates to Leafy.

The new client-side point in polygon analyzer is a huge benefit to my app. Likely many other Bubblers will find it useful.

And with the new expanded GeoJSON support, I can now draw a polygon in Mapbox dataset editor and simply copy/paste the Mapbox GeoJSON directly into Bubble for use by Leafy.

I’m still waiting for point in polygon analysis for multiple polygons…but otherwise I’m grateful for Leafy.

Thank you for the kind words! :blush:

Yep, this one is being worked on for a few days already, including I was talking about it 10 minutes ago with a team member of mine :yum: it will be out as soon as it is ready :wink:

Me too, interested.