Limitations of Bubble may be too much for my need

I suspect I may get some shade for this but I’m posting as a friend of Bubble. I hope the feedback helps and I’m open to suggestions as well.

I’ve been trying Bubble for a few months and I can honestly say I’ve loved working with it.

I built a small consumer web app and ran a test with some potential users.

Unfortunately we found not having these two things are really holding us back:

1. Mobile app in app store for iOS and Android.
  2. Mobile push notifications not from the browser like a native mobile app would have.

Users expected these things.

I’ve done a TON of research on how to accomplish these things with Bubble. I’ve read all about Jasonelle, PWA, TWA, PhoneGap, etc.

However I also created my Bubble app with multiple pages. So while some these may work (though likely still not for iOS) I would need to rewrite my Bubble app to be a single page.

Not every app needs these things so I know Bubble works great for some ideas. I’m just not sure if it is going to work in my case.

I really think that you should check out Thunkable. It is about $45 a month to publish to both app stores but you’ll be able to wrap your bubble app very easily, very quickly, add the push notifications just like you want, and even add a loading screen to act as a stopgap between the time that the user first opens the app in the time it takes to load your app from the bubble servers.

Although coding in Thubkable may be buggy at times it’s perfect for wrapping a webapp

**not affiliated with Thunkable. It’s my mobile app nocode builder of choice.

2 Likes

Those are both quite easily accomplished.

moving into a single page app really won’t take but a couple hours though. Use concert to reusable element and just put all on one page.

@nolan2071 Hello Nolan, both 1. Mobile app in app store for iOS and Android. and
2. Mobile push notifications not from the browser like a native mobile app can be done if that’s your concern. (been there, done that)

Rewriting your bubble app to be a single page can be quite simple. Turn all your pages into reusable elements instead. Put all of them in one page. Hide and show them according to your use case. This will drastically reduce the load time of your app - as it normally takes a while to load from page to page.

Thanks. What’s your technique for accomplishing those two things?