Limiting 'Mark Read' button to being clicked just once before disappearing for that message permanently

Hello,

I have a workflow that involves a user clicking a ‘Mark Read’ button and then being credited $0.75 to their account. Currently this works by ‘making changes to…’ the user’s balance.

I’ve hidden that button after it is clicked once (message is then marked as read: yes, so the button is hidden), but on page load/refresh, the button always appears for a split second, and if the button is clicked in that split second, it will credit the user with $0.75.

Is there any way to limit this credit to just once (once per repeating group/inbox message)?

Thanks all.

You could try having it set to hidden as the default, and only showing it when the logic determines it’s unread, instead of the other way around.

2 Likes

Thanks, will try that and update this message!

I have the button set to not appear on page load, with conditionals to make it appear:

Visible: When Current User’s Journalist is “yes” and Parent group’s Conversation’s Mark read is “no” (essentially when the conversation is not already marked as read)

Not Visible: When Current User’s Journalist is “yes” and Parent group’s Conversation’s Mark read is “yes” (when the conversation has already been marked as read)

Unfortunately the button still appears for a split second, I can minimise this by doing ‘when page is loaded above fold’, this element is visible (unchecked), but I don’t want this button to be visible at all for that RG after it has been clicked once.

Will continue to try and find a resolution!

I don’t get why it would show up by default, if you have it set to be hidden on page load in the editor. That sounds like a bug to me.

Yes you’re right. I came across this interesting response by @sridharan.s on another post:

I have now changed my ‘visible’ statement to say: When Current User’s Journalist is “yes” and Parent group’s Conversation’s Mark read is “no” and conversation_window’s Conversation is not empty.

Essentially I’m waiting until the Conversation is not empty before displaying the button, and this seems to have solved the issue (I also tried 'Page loaded (entire) but that didn’t work).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.