Linking event and contact in workflow action

I have events linked to contact however i am trying to link it in a workflow. Does anyone know the expression i should use?

I don’t think I completely understand what you’re asking.

Did you schedule a workflow and want to keep track of that scheduled workflow for that contact?

If so, then the event value will be like this:

Screenshot 2023-09-26 at 9.57.45 AM

I want contact to be able to access a events that’s linked to a contact.

This is my event field within contacts- I want it to be able to link to an event client name, like the below.
Screenshot 2023-09-26 at 9.01.25 AM

in a workflow so that i’m not going in and adding it manually.

OK, I think I know what you mean.

You have a contact and you want to be able to associate a specific event to that contact.

Then you want the contact to be able to open a page that has that event information on it.

Is this correct?

If so, then update the contact’s eventID with the unique ID of the event you want to associate to that contact.

To let the contact see that event, add a button somewhere for the contact to click. The code behind that button will “Go to page…” and go to your event page.

Your event page, though, will have to be set up to that is knows what event to show. Typically, this is done with a “Get data from page URL”.

When the contact clicks your button, have it “Go to page…” kind of like this:

Then add code to your event page to get the event ID to display, kind of like this:

Then your event page will have the unique ID of the event you want to display for your contact.

I want the contact to be able to access specific events for that contact in a repeating group on a profile page. I will try to implement what you are suggesting and see if it works. Thank you for your help.

I don’t need it to go to a page so i don’t think this applies to what I need.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.