List filter not accepting a text type entry

I’m trying to filter a DB text field by “New”. The field name is Status so I try and do:
Status = New.
For some reason I can’t enter the word “New”. That is the value I want to filter by. What am I missing?

Have you tried Status contains New?

Yes. It just doesn’t seem to like the value entry at the end. Can you replicate that on your end or it still works?

I have had the same issue since yesterday. I have tried filtering by
Do a search for [thing]
[field] ‘contains keywords(s)’ [keyword]
as well, but I can’t get it to work.

It wants me to do a constraint of yes/no, but my field is of type text so it makes no sense? Or maybe I’m missing something?

Can you post a screen shot of data type tab?

It might help us answer your question.

this is where I can’t enter a text such as “New” for Status

@amir.shachar

The constraint is wrong because you’re trying to filter on the List by text, rather than filtering the list by Status with a Text value.

I did a search, but it’s should work the same when you do: app's project's Task-list:filtered.

Don’t worry about the ‘count’ part, that;'s just me doing it to show some example text value.

from a database that has these values:

It gives the following count result

Thanks Andrew. Your example does seem to be working. Sadly. didn’t for me :slight_smile:
I actually have a “Project” data type and within it a list of another data type called “tasks”. So I need to filter the task list within the project, as far as I understand it. My goal with the filtering is to find only the “new” status , as you’ve illustrated.
Is something in my thinking above wrong?

Screenshot 2021-01-17 154055

Hi

You can ignore my post that did a search, as all that does is return a list of tasks. That’s the same as your task-list. It’s just created differently, but that isn’t relevant.

Once you have the list, you do the filter on the status not the list.

That’s great. Thanks again Andrew.
It totally works now. You’re right, I was filtering the task list instead of the status.

1 Like

@johanna, you might have the same issue that @amir.shachar had, which was trying to do something with the list, rather than with the list of Things it contains.

See above.

Regards
A

Could be @andrew.mcdonagh, but it seemed like a temporary glitch, as I tried later and then got the usual editor where I got the ‘click’ dialogue, rather than the ‘constraint’ requirement.

Either way, I (somehow :sweat_smile:) managed to get it right at last. Thanks for your reply, appreciate it!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.