RELEASED - plugin JS Zip file generator

This is a Zip file generator. This will create a Zip file of a list of files using url.
You can set the file to be automatically downloaded by the user or not and also store it to Bubble (with Bubble file size limitation).
The Zip file is generated on client side. You can also choose compression method and level.

Pretty simple to use with One action : Create a Zip file, one Event (When zip file is ready) and 3 states( Zip file (file), progression (integer) and Current file (text) that tell you which file is processed).

Settings are:

• File list url (list of text, so you can use image or file field)
  • File name for each file
    *Autoincrement. Will avoid issue with file having the same name.
  • Zip file name (you can choose the Zip file name or let the user choose it own with an input field)
  • Automatic download (Download will start automatically when zip file is 100% done. If you uncheck this, you should use the option to store in Bubble)
  • Compression (Store or Deflate)
  • Compression level (1-9, only apply if Deflate is selected)
  • Save file to Bubble (Will create a base64 encoded file available in Zip File state and trigger event * Zip file is ready. This is not linked to Current file and progression but will wait for the initial file to be ready before launching)

demo: https://sandboxjc.bubbleapps.io/zip
editor: https://bubble.io/page?version=live&type=page&name=test&id=sandboxjc&test_plugin=1558479233423x812324264528052200_current&tab=tabs-1

10 Likes

Hereā€™s also a demo link: https://sandboxjc.bubbleapps.io/zip

1 Like

Nice and useful plugin. Nice work.

2 Likes

Iā€™m looking for someone with a Box integration for testing. Anyone?

1 Like

Released. Thanks to all tester. Waiting on approvalā€¦

3 Likes

Hi Jici. This Zip plugin appears to be exactly what I am looking for. Your last post says ā€œReleased.ā€ However, I searched for but cannot locate the plugin in the list of Bubble plugins. Do you know when it will be available for download or purchase? Thanks.

Hi. Waiting on approval. Got an issue with the AWS server. Should be fixed.

@FE2019
On marketplace now

2 Likes

@Jici Thanks for getting it in the marketplace. Unfortunately, I downloaded the plugin and started receiving an error message. I am using the Multi-File Uploader to load several PDF documents on page load. When I donā€™t remove any of the loaded files via ā€œRemove Fileā€ and attempt generate a Zip file with a button I get the message below. Oddly, then I remove just one of the files, and the Zip process works. My intent is to just hide the multiloader for users as I want them to be able to download specific files so no need to for the user to remove any. I should note that all my test files are PDFs with the same name. I thought maybe that it was user error on my part as I learned how to setup the plugin, but by removing just one file and the Zip works made me think otherwise. Any ideas?

ā€œThe plugin JSZip / action Generate Zip file a JSZip threw the following error: Cannot read property ā€˜replaceā€™ of nullā€

I have the same error:
The plugin JS Zip / action Generate Zip file a JSZip threw the following error: TypeError: Cannot read property ā€˜getā€™ of null

How I can fix it?

Hi! The previous issue was fixed in another update. There was an issue with some missing files (link is stored in Bubble but deleted in S3. I will check your private message and follow your issue there Thanks to reach.

2 Likes

Can this handle upto the 5GB that bubble has provided with the upgrade?

Hi @koechamos51 I didnā€™T test, but itā€™s possible. But a big file like this will take a lot of time to generate on client side. I have a request to add a server side option I may consider.

2 Likes

Ok! I am having issues as the process freezes for a long time and later not responding message. On another issue. Is it possible to implement zip.js in bubble? Maybe you could help with it

1 Like

Iā€™ve published a new version with the activated ā€œUpload Large Fileā€ option. I donā€™t think this will fix you issue but it may be more related to a timed out issue. I need to do more test for that.

1 Like

Hello,

The event ā€œWhen ZIP file is readyā€ doesnā€™t work here.

Would it be reseved to the case where you choose to save to Bubble ? Hereā€™s what you say in the pluginā€™s page, and thatā€™s quite ambiguous :

• State: progression, current file processed, Zip file (if you save to Bubble)
  • Event: When zip file is ready

I tried to check the ā€œSave file to Bubbleā€ but

• it doesnā€™t work either
  • things are so slow thenā€¦

Thanks,

Michel

I found some workaround : Iā€™m using the ZIP Elementā€™s progressionā€™s value to trigger other events. ā€œWhen progression is 100 thenā€¦ā€.

Anyway, Iā€™m still curious about my question.

Thanks,

Michel

Hi! I added the event ā€œFile is createdā€ this happen before the upload to Bubble. and for all Zip created. Renamed the other event for File is uploaded to Bubble.

Do you know what was the size of your PDF so I can do further test on the Save file to Bubble issue.

1 Like

Yeah, thatā€™s great, @Jici ! And so quick :slight_smile:

It was a .wav of about 30Mb + some .png weighting an unsignificant 15k.

Thanks. I will do some more test

1 Like