I want to make a messaging app that allows you to message users with a certain role, how can I do this?
This will be a good start
I want to make my own however I do not understand that template
Yeah, it is more of an “chat” messaging service than user-to-user.
As an alternative…
Customise to filter possible recipients based on role.
You will need to understand the following points:
- Doing a search for with filter based conditions based on Role
- Sending data between groups
- Setting Data Type for certain groups that you are sending the data to
- Custom State
- URL Parameters, useful when reloading the page or navigation through messages
- Conditional Statements Showing/Hiding certain groups
Your database would contain a seperate Role Field on the User Data Type.
Thank all of you for the replies! @nocodeventure do you have a good source of learning custom states and URL Parameters?
Save time in your setup with @fayewatson 's solid messaging app template. It is probably the best build app, with solid documentation, that I’ve seen yet.
For roles, just create a new thing for the user, messages, conversation called “role” and set the privacy settings to only show if user role = message / conversation role. Easily done.
I can help you make app.
Add me on Skype - firstname.lastname@example.org
Waiting for the reply.
wow this link is amazing…thank you!