MAKING CHAT WORK (custom statE)

Hi, i’ve been searching for a while in foruns and videos about how to make a simple chat on bubble, but i guess i messing the workflow somehow and can’t find the solution. So:

1. Firstly, i created two databases with two fields each, being A: TALK, with a list of users and a list of messages from database B; and B: MESSAGES, which contains two fields, being one from the TALK database, and a text field.

2. Set up the front-end repeating group TALK with a constraint for the current users.

3. Set up a repeating group message’s and created a custom state named ''TALK1" with database TALK on it

4. Now things start to get messy, i try to create a data source with the custom state, but it keeps sending me endless data source options

5. I’ve set a state to connect both repeating groups with the new custom state ''TALK1"

6. After days i gave up and left this way

7. But, go to icon “sent” function “create a new thing” on data base and can select the repeating group message, which also give me endless options

Thank you for you attention.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.