🗺 Mapbox Maps - Total revamp of one of the most popular Bubble plugins from Zeroqode

Hello @haddad.anthony26, :wave:

Please accept our apologies for the delayed reply. :pray: To display the user’s location you could use Start Location Tracking plugin Action. Also, please ensure that location services are enabled in your app and that you have the necessary permissions to access the user’s location. You could use plugin Demo editor as reference, and recreate this functionality in your app:

We hope this points you in the right direction! To learn more about plugin functionality and setup instructions, please visit Mapbox Maps plugin docs. If the functionality you are looking for is different from what we’ve described, please provide more context on your request (your setup details, some screenshots). This will help us to offer you the most accurate guidance for using the plugin.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team.

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport

How is it possible to hide to location tracking control ?

IMG_1843

Thank you

1 Like

Hi @haddad.anthony26, :wave:

At the moment, there isn’t a specific option within the plugin’s settings to toggle the visibility of the location tracking control. I will consult with our developers regarding this feature and see if there’s a potential update that could address this.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we’ll keep you updated. :pray:

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team.

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport,

I hope you are doing good,
I have some issue creating a multilines, I’ve looking at the documentation and the forum and I couldn’t find a solution. It seems I have a similar issue as andrew36 to draw a line between two markers.

In the documentation, section create a line, the type is list of strings
But in the forum in the reply to andrew36 you are refering to a list of numbers
See both screenshot

Which one is up to date ?

I’ve created a list of markers, and now I want to create multiple line between each markers. I have a list of string which looks like the one you provided.

In the workflow, coordinates is empty

I hope you can help me solve that issue

Regards,
Orn

1 Like

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport

Would it be possible to get the landmarks in the 3D view?

Also is it possible to use the 3D view and a custom map?

Is there some code that could hide the control perhaps?

Hi Orn, @spawk :wave:

Thank you for reaching out and providing screenshots.

In the update version 1.114.0. - “Coordinates validation added” some changes were added to the code, so the users can leave the coordinates field empty when they select the multiline type.

For reference of Multiline usage you could use this test page: zeroqode-demo-08 | Bubble Editor where list of lines is stored in the database:

Here is an example of the line coordinates from the database 176.2890625, 55.7765730186677,-102.3046875, 97.013667927566642 :

Make sure that when setting up the action to create a line in your workflow, the “Type” field is set to “MultiLine” and that you’re passing this list of strings to the “List of lines” field correctly.

We hope this helps. :pray:

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team.

Regarding your questions about the 3D views: the plugin doesn’t natively provide an option to display landmarks in 3D, but it allows using of 3D terrain and buildings when using certain styles:

Regarding your second message about hiding controls: I’ve notified our development team about adding the functionality to hide the location tracking controls in the plugin. They will look into the possibility of incorporating this feature. Once I have an update regarding this, I will let you know.

Thank you for your suggestion, and we appreciate your patience as we work on improving the plugin. :pray:

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team.

The geolocation icon can be removed with the action “Stop Location Tracking”:

We hope this helps, if you have other questions, don’t hesitate to ask. :pray:

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team.

Thank you for you for following up.

The stop location tracking won’t disable the tracking of user’s location in real time?

Regarding the 3D. Would it be possible to get the view of the map like a 3D globe?

Thank you

1 Like

Yes, disabling the location tracking feature will stop the plugin from tracking the user’s location in real-time. I will inquire our devs about the possibility of hiding the icon, and keeping the location tracking if you need this feature. Update: Unfortunately, the plugin library doesn’t offer a method to disable the geolocation button while keeping the user’s geolocation active.

The plugin does support 3D features, including terrain and buildings. However, presenting the map as a 3D globe (like an Earth view) is not directly supported through the plugin’s standard features. The typical 3D capabilities focus on elevations and 3D buildings on a standard map projection. A full 3D globe is beyond the plugin’s current scope.

We hope this clarifies your queries. If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to reach out!

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team.

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport

How to set up the add list of markers upon a radius around the user to only show markers around him?

Thank you,

Thank you for your message. To address your query, we recommend referring to our detailed documentation and demo page for the Mapbox Maps plugin, which provides comprehensive guidance on the basics of setting up markers and working with the plugin’s features.

However, please note that configuring specific functionalities, such as adding a list of markers within a radius around the user to only show markers around them, may require a deeper understanding of Bubble and plugin integration.

If you find yourself needing further assistance beyond what is covered in the documentation, we suggest considering consulting with a Bubble developer who can assist you with implementing the desired functionality according to your specific requirements.

Please keep in mind that while we strive to provide support and guidance through our documentation, we do not offer consulting or customization services for individual projects. :pray:

Thank you for your understanding, and if you have any other questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team.

Hello team,

I’ve been following every step from your last comment and documentation
I have a list of city based on a itineraries, I want to be able to create a line between each city to present the itineraries
There’s one element I might not understand in your reply

When I load the page, I have a background workflow which is going to get every coordinates from each city and link them two per two. Line 1 City A, City B
Line 2 City B, City C
Line 3 City C, City D

Then I store this information in my database as a list of string Hello team,

I’ve been following every step,
I have a list of city based on a itineraries, I want to be able to create a line between each city to present the itineraries
There’s one element I might not understand in your reply

In my workflow, I have a background workflow which is going to get every coordinates from each city and link them two per two. City A, City B

Then I store this information in my database as a list of text

When I load the page, I have this data in custom state

I add the marker to the map, and then I want to create the multiline

In your previous comment, you said “Make sure that when setting up the action to create a line in your workflow, the “Type” field is set to “MultiLine” and that you’re passing this list of strings to the “List of lines” field correctly.” What do you mean by list of strings to the “list of lines” field correctly ?
I converted the coordinates to text, I create a rule to store them.

Please advise how I can solve this issue,

Thank you for your help
Best regards,
Orn from SPAWK

Hello,

Could you please explain how to add a list of markers within a radius around the user to only show markers around them? I’m struggling to get my marker source filtered by points in geofence basically…

I haven’t find the answers for this use case in the doc or the demo.

Thank you,

Hello @spawk, :wave:

Thank you for providing the details. From the information you’ve shared, your settings seem to be in line with the required configuration for the Mapbox Maps plugin.

If the issue still persists, would it be convenient for you to share access to your app so we can take a look? For this please add our support@zeroqode.com email as a collaborator of your app (disregard the warning, our email can be added to the collaborator list even if your app is on the Free plan). And please let us know the page name where the issue is found. This would enable us to directly examine how the data is being passed to the plugin and ensure that the “List of lines” is formatted and functioning correctly.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team.

For displaying a list of markers within a specific radius around a user’s current location on your map, you can filter the markers by their distance from the user’s geoposition. As you can see on screenshot below, you can add a condition for Markers Source field in your “Search for …” to filter out only those markers that fall within the desired radius.

To do this, please use a constraint like “current address is within X kms of MapBoxMap A’s GPS Current Position Address,” where X is the radius distance you want to set around the user’s location. This will ensure that only markers within this radius are shown to the user. Please note: For this use case you would need to set up geographical addressed for every marker location:

We hope this solution will be effective for your app.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team.

Thank you @ZeroqodeSupport for your answers

I have a few other questions:

1. is it possible to disallow the zoom/dezoom on the map?
  2. how can i hide this location permission popup or edit the title?

1. I already disabled 3d, filtered a lower amount of markers but my app keep crashing regularly because of the plugin, what could be done to increase the bandwith of the plugin or lower the resources needed?

Thank you very much!

Thank you for your follow-up questions. Let’s address each of your concerns:

1. To contol zooming in and out on the map, you can adjust the map settings within the plugin. Check for options such as ‘Zoom level’ and ‘Zoom’. If using Location tracking Zoom can’t be fully disabled, but you could introduce value 2 and it will look like zoom is disabled.

2. The location permission popup is a browser and system-level feature to protect user privacy, and it can’t be removed if you are using user’s location. Text is typically generated by the browser based on the domain requesting location access. To edit it, change your app’s name/URL.

3. If your app is crashing due to a large number of markers or map actions, consider implementing clustering for markers or reducing the amount of data loaded at any one time. Additionally, review the map’s settings in the plugin to limit the features that consume more resources, like turning off satellite imagery, traffic data, or complex map styles.

As for bandwidth, the plugin itself does not control the bandwidth; that would be more about how much data your app is pulling and pushing through the Mapbox API. You can optimize this by ensuring that you only load essential data and use lower-resolution map tiles if needed.

If the crashing persists, it could also be due to other factors in your Bubble application or a limitation in the server capacity handling your app. You might want to look into your app’s overall performance and see if there are other optimizations you can make or if you need to scale your Bubble plan for more resources.

Thank you for reaching out, we hope this information helps you.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team.

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport

Thank you very much for your support.

I have another question regarding this use case : I’m triggering a change of the image of a marker but it doesn’t take effect on the map in real time (the image stay the old one).

I tried to display the list of markers in a RG and add the list of markers to refresh the db but it doesn’t work also.

What would be the solution for this?

Thank you