đŸ—ș Mapbox Maps - Total revamp of one of the most popular Bubble plugins from Zeroqode

Will use this as a work around for now, thanks.

1 Like

I’m delighted with the plugin, but I have two doubts, namely:

Is it possible to create regional or city boundaries automatically with GeoJSON?

Can I somehow use google places or just the places on the map?

I checked your site, and the pricing is so unclear. And fwiw, the link you sent me to only covers pricing for one element of the map, and then after clicking around I found other APIs, and some list pricing, but some don’t.

I think it would be really beneficial if you could present more info on the costs for utilizing mapbox. Maybe supply 3 use cases and different monthly usage logs with pricing. As it is, there is 0 transparency for what i can expect to spend if I utilize your service.

And when I opened up the mapbox in Bubble there doesn’t seem to be any way to input anything? Just a bunch of options to display UI elements, and I have to go to a whole other website and make a whole other accounts to manage the map.

Not trying to knock your product, or say it’s bad. But as a consumer who is informed about business, but still learning a lot about web development your product leaves me exposed to potentially-tremendous costs with no way to easily gain insight on what I’m getting myself into.

@zach8 Zeroqode don’t own Mapbox - so you would have to look at Mapbox’s pricing and apply it to your use case.

All this plugin does is basically connect your Mapbox account and the functionality in to your Bubble app

2 Likes

Hi @wellingtonsilvah, thanks for your questions.

Yes, you can do that with help of the “Create line” action (select the “polygon” option and add GeoJSON coordinates of the place, from the database for example):

Theoretically, a combination with the google places plugin might be possible to use, as the google places provides the name of places in custom states, which after that can be used for search in mapbox plugin.

Hi @zach8, thanks for your reply.

Kindly note that the plugin is only providing the connection and interaction with the Mapbox platform (@equibodyapp thank you :slightly_smiling_face:).
The pricing is provided by the Mapbox, and on the pricing page please refer only to the “Directions API” and “Mapbox GL JS” calculations.

For guidance on the plugin setup and examples of the working functionalities, allow us to suggest using the plugin’s:

Sorry if so far you’ve had any inconveniences using our plugin :pray:. We would be glad to help with any question that relates to the plugin’s current functionality and is within our competency.

Hope the provided information helps. In case there will be any other questions that we can help with, please drop a message within this thread :slightly_smiling_face:

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Correct. And Zeroqode is selling a plug-in to make use of Mapbox. If I’m a zeroqode customer, I’m a mapbox customer. If I purchase this product, it’s useless until I purchase the other product.

I was hoping there was some sort of static maps feature in there, and I did my best to ask based on what I knew. I got directed to a page with information about routes by Zeroqode.

I offered my perspective as feedback. If your takeaway is “tell him that Zeroqode doesn’t own mapbox” it seems like you’ve misinterpreted my intentions. Just trying to offer feedback to someone who is selling to customers.

I only responded to you like that because it’s apparent you’ve misunderstood how it works :slight_smile:

Think of it like this - you sign up for an account for an internet provider of your choice because you have weighed up the cost vs benefits of the different providers and settled on the one you want that best suits your needs. You don’t have the skills to build a modem yourself so you go about finding a prebuilt modem to suit. There are many different modem brands but you eventually settle on one.

Now, is it the modem maker’s responsibility to give you a price list of all the plans and all the possible costs associated with your internet provider? Or is that yours? Is it the modem maker’s responsibility to inform you of all the functionality of the internet provider’s service? Or is that yours?

The modem maker will help you connect the modem to the internet - but the modem maker is not responsible for any issues or costs associated with the internet provider.

Hope that helps clear things up :slight_smile:

1 Like

@zach8 @equibodyapp thanks for your feedback, it’s a very helpful discussion and we’ll see what we can improve on our side to improve our clients’ experiences.
Really appreciate :pray:

Levon Terteryan
Founder @ Zeroqode
#1 Bubble Publisher and Developer

logo-icon-S-circle

:file_folder: 130+ Bubble Templates
:mortar_board: 25+ Bubble Courses
:gear: 300+ Bubble Plugins
:iphone: Convert Bubble app to iOS & Android
:man_technologist:t4: No-code Development Services

Hi @zach8 and @equibodyapp, thank you for your messages :pray:.

@equibodyapp thank you for an interesting comparison, it is a good example of the relation between service platform and plugin provider.

@zach8 we completely understand your concerns. At the same time, we strive to improve our products and services, thus, we supplemented the plugin supporting documentation with the indication of which particular APIs are used within our plugin.
This allows our users to make their own costs estimations that may occur on the plugin usage.

As for providing examples of costs, indeed theoretically they would serve as a support for our users.
The difficulty, in this case, is that each API has its own free limit of usage, so for a starting project, there might be no additional costs supported, but as each use case is very individual, possible additional costs may depend on a lot of factors that we can’t predict or estimate on behalf of our users (number of app visitors, plugin functionality range, and design within the app, etc.).

This way, so far the best way that we can offer - is to guide our users to the page with price calculations, provided by the Mapbox platform and indicate which one, in particular, are used within the plugin.

Please let us know if we can help you with any additional moment that relates to the functionality of our plugin.

Have a nice weekend ahead!

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport

Trying to get the map markers to play along;

1. I want the center bottom of the icon to be at the anchor point. So I select bottom. But that turns the icon upside down(!). I can not rotate it 180 degrees since that will make it mirrored.

2. Even when choosing bottom as the anchor point it’s not on the same location as the direction’s A and B points.

Screenshot 2022-01-24 at 19.48.05

Screenshot 2022-01-24 at 19.50.31

Hope you can help. :grinning:

Best, Peter

Hi @philledille, thanks for your message.

For your case, please try to use the centered icon anchor.

Please let us know if it helped in you case or any other support is required.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Centering them does unfortunately not put the bottom center of the icon on the anchor position:

Hi @philledille, thanks for your reply.
This is a graphic issue that might be related to a slight difference (a thousandth) between the values indicated for the route endpoints and marker coordinates.
Please check if the values of the route endpoints are the same as indicated in markers and let us know if that was the issue.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Thanks for swift reply. The values are indeed the same since they come from the same input element. However, the Set Directions takes a string as input, whereas Add Marker takes a number. Therefore I convert the text to a number for the Add Marker:

Screenshot 2022-01-26 at 21.02.34

Best, Peter

Hello !

Is it possible to set customized icons ?

HI,

I have use this with a clients app assuming the poly draw was triangulation the volumetric data of the poly and not the measurement of the outside parameter since that is redundant to the measurement draw mode. Is there a way to get the poly triangulation data. I have a slightly upset client right now that i will have return their money if i can not get the volumetric sq distance from the volumetric shape. I can not image why you would use a polyshape and only want to know the outside radius data. Maybe i am missing something :slight_smile: @ZeroqodeSupport

Hi @philledille, thanks for your reply.

Please allow us to check this moment internally and come with a feedback asap.

Sure thing it is possible, for that, please use the corresponding actions and sources.

Hi @ryan8, thanks for your message.
If we understood you correctly, you would like to be able to calculate the area of the drawn polygon ?
If yes, then, you can use the related state for that:

In case we’ve understood you wrong, please add few more details to your inquiry.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

This is giving back the measurement of the perimeter lines of the polygon, not the SQ Volumetric Data. If i draw a polygon i want to know how many square meters that is
 not the measurement of the polygon. The polygon is generally ideal for the SQ volume (sq meters / sq miles) which is why MapBox has a triangulation API. The polygon should be hooked up to the MapBox triangulation API and not the measurement alone. The line draw mode is used for measuring and the poly mode should be used for volumetric data, imo. Can this be added to it?

If the expected outcome is that it currently should do what i just described, then it is not giving the correct data. I saw the polygon area call, and assumed it was volumetric since AREA is a volumetric word. If it is just the outside lines, then it should be polygon perimeter NOT area.

Hi @philledille, thanks for your patience :pray:
We’ve checked this issue and found that, unfortunately, we can’t do much in this regard, as it is related to the Mapbox platform functionality itself (especially relating to routes).

Please let us know if there is anything else that we can help with about our plugin :pray:

Hi @ryan8, sorry for the delay with the feedback.

Within the plugin, we are using a third-party library for area calculation: Turf.js | Advanced Geospatial Analysis, and by its capacity, it is calculating the area (not the perimeter lines) in square meters.

Please let us know if the provided reply helped you in a way, or any other plugin-related help is required.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Thanks for checking! Cheers, Peter

1 Like