🔥 Markdown Text Editor - Add the power of Markdown to your app

@yla just encountered this issue with Stretch to fit content

Live here https://hackerhouse.paris/post/carte-des-colocs-paris

Any idea?

Hey Al, are you still getting this issue?

I tried pasting the source examples above, and trying it out in my test environment and am not able to reproduce this issue.

Hi Stephane, are you still seeing this issue? I checked out your website and don’t see this issue. I’ve tested it out on Safari and Chrome.

If you can still reproduce, could I get more information about what device/browser you’re using?

Thanks for getting back to me I thought the plugin was no longer maintained.

Yes I replaced markdown display element by an HTML element

I’ve put back a markdown display element on this page but could not reproduce it https://hackerhouse.paris/version-test/post-md-test/carte-des-colocs-paris

It was happening 40% of the time when the container did not take the markdown display 's height. I will let you know when it happens again !

Hi, I am having the same issue. It seems to happen when the content to display is quite large.

It goes away once I refresh the page. I am using Chrome.

The pages where it happens more often are these:

https://celsiushub.com/article/celsius-network-com-funciona-i-perquè-funciona-1607597417325x690649917827842000

https://celsiushub.com/article/celsius-network-商业及盈利运转模式-1607683695789x941858696582922200

It’s the same content translated in multiple languages.

It generally happens at the first visit, so maybe you could try to open the pages in guest mode a few times to see if you can reproduce it.

Thanks

Hey @yla ,

Are you maintaining this editor even now? I’ve subscribed to it and am considering buying it but is a little tricky to do it without knowing if there’s going to be any bug support at all.

I am facing some problems with the editor: the scroll in the editor is behaving irregularly.

Can you please help?

Sorry to hear about the troubles with the scrolling. For me to look into this further, I would highly appreciate a reproducible example. Is there a link to the editor in your Bubble app, for example, that I could check out to see the issue? Or, even better, if you can create a sample Bubble app with the issue reproducible, that would be amazing :slight_smile:

In regards to maintaining, I have shifted my focus towards other priorities as my Bubble apps were just fun side projects I started a while back. You shouldn’t expect new features but I do try to address bugs if I’m able to.

1 Like

Hey Young - Could you have a look at the latest version, there’s a lot broken with the editor, or maybe it could be taken over from you as it’s really nice, but needs a bit of work.

Hi, lovely plugin. Could you add the Inter typeface?

Hi @yla, the plugin looks awesome.
Does it work with Slack markdown? I have a Bubble app which integrates with Slack, it pulls content from Slack and also sends messages and posts to Slack. I’m having trouble parsing the Slack markdown.
Thanks

Am i overcomplicating this or is it actually not possible to import markdown directly into a bubble text field. I’m using the Airtable plugin to pull data from airtable and render it into a group, and display text in a text box shown below. For the fields in airtable that are rich text, it shows up with bullets, links etc. and when I pull those into bubble it reads as the editor version basically. See below how the markdown text is rendered:

Please note that I have reached out to some of you directly with a DM to troubleshoot as having any back and forth conversation gets challenging in a single thread like this with multiple people.

Hi @yla, hope you’re well. Something seems to have broken with my setup of this plugin. It’s been working fine, I haven’t made code updates for 2 weeks, then it simply stopped displaying text (even though the inspector shows the data). Have a look at the image.

I noticed that both Bubble and your plugin had pending updates, so I bumped them both. Still not working though. Any ideas what’s going on here?

Appreciate the eyes on this, we have some frustrated users. THANK YOU!

Also noticed that the inspector is saying the element is not visible, but that’s not how it’s set up in the Bubble editor. Nor are there any workflows that would disable visibility for this.

UPDATE: I unchecked and checked the box and now the inspector says it’s visible, but is still not showing text.

And I’m seeing this error in the inspector:

The plugin Markdown Text Editor / element Markdown Display threw the following error: TypeError: marked is not a function
    at eval (PLUGIN_1553365923999x997097472306184200/Markdown-Text-Editor-update--Markdown-Display-.js:3:252)
    at https://dhtiece9044ep.cloudfront.net/package/run_debug_js/b7523ce6c70aae120ab4b9a99b5f67094dfb56d09cd12b8da9029a3666a937cf/xfalse/x15:6:2270193 (please report this to the plugin author)

Hi @yla, I hope you’re well. I just turned on my computer and something seems to have crashed my plugin configuration. Everything was working perfectly well until last night and there, this morning (Paris) I have an error message:

Could you help me cause I’m stuck?
Thanks !

Hey @yla getting customer complaints due to the following error that others seem to be getting as well! This seems to just have started yesterday, it’s been working like a beauty for months.

Can you help fix this asap please?

Hi @ALB @romainlaffitau @jcalvarezjr

I’m sorry about this bug! Looks like one of the 3rd party packages I’m using had an update just yesterday that caused this to happen. I’ve made a modification and released a new version that should resolve this.

Can you update your Markdown Text Editor plugin to 3.0.7? Feel free to DM me if you’re still experiencing issues and thanks for notifying me of this!

3 Likes

Can confirm this fixed it for me! THANK YOU @yla for the very fast turn-around on this.

3 Likes

Hello @yla .
I’m troubled by the same scrolling problem as below.

If this issue has already solved, could you share the solution please?