Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

🔥 Markdown Text Editor - Add the power of Markdown to your app

And I’m seeing this error in the inspector:

The plugin Markdown Text Editor / element Markdown Display threw the following error: TypeError: marked is not a function
    at eval (PLUGIN_1553365923999x997097472306184200/Markdown-Text-Editor-update--Markdown-Display-.js:3:252)
    at https://dhtiece9044ep.cloudfront.net/package/run_debug_js/b7523ce6c70aae120ab4b9a99b5f67094dfb56d09cd12b8da9029a3666a937cf/xfalse/x15:6:2270193 (please report this to the plugin author)

Hi @yla, I hope you’re well. I just turned on my computer and something seems to have crashed my plugin configuration. Everything was working perfectly well until last night and there, this morning (Paris) I have an error message:

Could you help me cause I’m stuck?
Thanks !

Hey @yla getting customer complaints due to the following error that others seem to be getting as well! This seems to just have started yesterday, it’s been working like a beauty for months.

Can you help fix this asap please?

Hi @ALB @romainlaffitau @jcalvarezjr

I’m sorry about this bug! Looks like one of the 3rd party packages I’m using had an update just yesterday that caused this to happen. I’ve made a modification and released a new version that should resolve this.

Can you update your Markdown Text Editor plugin to 3.0.7? Feel free to DM me if you’re still experiencing issues and thanks for notifying me of this!

3 Likes

Can confirm this fixed it for me! THANK YOU @yla for the very fast turn-around on this.

3 Likes

Hello @yla .
I’m troubled by the same scrolling problem as below.

If this issue has already solved, could you share the solution please?

Hey @reseau.bubble, I didn’t solve this issue because I was unfortunately unable to get any details on how to reproduce it or what the issue exactly was.

For your situation, are you able to provide me details on exactly what’re experiencing? Things that would really help for me to look into this efficiently:

• A reproducible example of the issue in some sort of sample Bubble app
  • A screen recording of the issue
  • Explanation of how you’ve set up the plugin in your app

Any of the above would give me a great starting point to investigate this issue. Thanks!

@yla , thank you for your reply.

I’m sorry, but I’d like to refrain from posting the app’s sharing link here at this time.
Instead, I have recorded the setup of the editor and the problem being encountered.

The first half of the video shows an example that does not cause problems, and the second half shows an example that does.

As it turns out, apparently, if the height of the markdown editor is less than about 320, it will break lines before scrolling becomes possible, causing some of the text in the editor to become invisible.

Here are the steps I took to set up the plugin:

1. Install the Markdown Text Editor plugin. The version is 3.0.7.
  2. Create a new page and add the Markdown Editor element. At this time, I have not added any other elements.
  3. Set the editor’s width to 870px and the height to 320px.

I hope you find this information useful.

Hey all — I just pushed a new version of the plugin: Version 3.1.0

This should fix a scrollbar issue that can happen with Bubble element heights (Thanks @reseau.bubble for the video, that was super helpful to see the bug in action)

In addition, I’ve updated some of packages I use to implement the editor to the latest version. This naturally comes with various bug fixes that might exist. Please make sure that you verify that the plugin update does not have any unexpected side effects within your apps. Thanks all! :slight_smile:

1 Like

The editor seems to be working fine!
Thank you for fixing the bug.

1 Like