Was skimming trough quite a few topics back from 2015 to see and summary on what’s the current status of Mobile App Development, but could not find any topic with the info combined in one place.
It’s clear that the whole app development is still in (early) beta, but there’s quite a few things already available and working, and I see users launching their apps already.
I was thinking that it would be useful to maintain a current list of known limitations just to be sure that you don’t have sudden surprises on the way in your development.
This can also be used as a checklist of issues to be addressed for people waiting for the mobile\native app development to kick-in
Here’s what I am aware of right now:
App has to be:
- One-paged structure
- Correctly sized for targeted phone screen size
- No push notifications (Future Feature - regarding push notifications)
- No offline usage (?) (Support our iOS app release!)
- Some of the plugins do not work (this may be turned to a separate list of items with “+” and “-”)
- Oauth does not work (OAuth2 - Bubble API connector - Native Mobile App - iOS)
- Google Fonts do not work (Google Fonts Not Working in Bubble iOS App)
- Resetting pasword should go via a standard reset_pw web page (Reset Password - Native Mobile App (iOS))
- Searchbox does not work (Type Ahead Feature - Native iOS App - Limitation)
Anything else I am missing or got wrong?