Monthly Community Update -- April 2021

Hey, @josh, is this for creating PDF´s natively?

Or will we also have the ability to view PDF’s that are private files?
I think that viewing more types of private files from the browser (without leaving the web app), would be very useful for many :slightly_smiling_face: :computer:

@josh will the new responsive engine help with page speed? There are tons of threads on the forum trying to figure out how to improve bubble’s page speed with very few answers. Here is the most recent discussion that I responded to.

http://forum.bubble.io/t/performance-as-rated-by-google/146035/14

Re: HIPAA – we don’t have much in-house expertise on this right now. On a common-sense level, if Bubble doesn’t have any way of accessing the data, then Bubble’s security practices and compliance isn’t relevant to whether you’re being compliant, but I am not an expert on this. Maybe the TrueVault team can provide more guidance? We plan to start hiring more compliance expertise later in the year, but probably not til closer to year end.

Re: Success hiring in Europe – yes, this is still open! We’re planning on updating our jobs page to reflect this shortly, but in the interim, feel free to apply to the “New York” position and then just add a note letting us know where you are based.

@GammaMat – great idea, we plan to start doing this next month

@hacker – this is just for creating PDFs, not viewing them, but feedback noted!

@StarrK_Designs – I think there’s a good chance this helps, yes, but we haven’t tested for performance yet, we’re still finalizing the look and feel. That said, the new system should be much more efficient and make the page feel snappier

8 Likes

Really appreciate it!

Good morning @josh and thanks for the updates.

Can you tell us how is the PDF development going? Do you think it´ll be available in May?

Thanks a lot.

Public or Private beta?

:slight_smile:

Seems like it will be private, but hopefully easy to opt in to test and give feedback. Rather not get a shock when the engine eventually launches.

We developers are always optismitic about finishing a piece of software. :slight_smile: But would be nice to have a road map and keep us tuned for new features. God Speed!

1 Like

just commenting to get updates in here for the beta responsive mode <3

Do you still think their will be a BETA version mid june?