Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Monthly Community Update -- November 2020

if you start typing, other ideas are suggested.

3 Likes

Thanks @josh :clap:

1 Like

Thanks for the update @josh

1 Like

@johnny @loh.cher.e

2 Likes

Hi @josh , thank you as always for the update. Could you elaborate a bit on that point? I may have missed something in other threads. I mean what the feature is, not what the complexity was :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the update as usual!

1 Like

Nice :clap: thanks Josh!

1 Like

@petter Re: multiple tiers, here’s the original description from a few updates ago: “Also on the infrastructure front, we’ve begun work on building the capacity to split the main cluster into a fast track that gets code immediately, and a slow track that gets code after it has been in production long enough that we’re more confident that it’s stable. While a lot of our users want the latest and greatest version of Bubble, users who are at the point of scaling up their applications would often prefer to trade instant availability of new code for more stability. This is one of the reasons that users upgrade to dedicated plans, but we think there’s a middle-ground of users who are far enough along that stability is really important to them but who aren’t at the point of being able to invest in dedicated. We plan to offer this as as an opt-in feature on our higher-tier main cluster plans, as a way of mitigating the impact of bad code rollouts and transient production issues on our customers with more established businesses.”

We haven’t built an interface for browsing through – the idea is we want to see how many people independently search for the same idea to get a sense for how popular it is. We were a little worried if we show all the ideas in a list, we’ll get more votes for the ones at the top of the list, and less for the ones further down, which will skew our sense of how many people want what. That said, not sure how big a deal this is so we might build this out down the line

4 Likes

@josh

Got it, thanks!

Hi Josh,

I am working on a Bubble project to create an online video meetup tool where breakout rooms are much more accessible than in Zoom. Just take a look at roooom.io for a first impression.

Would you like to organize the office hours in Roooom?

If you’re interested, we can plan a demo session for you and some of the Bubble team members.

1 Like

Thanks @josh for such good news and happy to see the care you give to us !

Do you have informations for bootcamp ? Will you propose a bootcamp in different langages ? I will be happy to make it in French because it is easier to learn Bubble in your langage I guess…

Keep in touch

Charles

Just came by to cheer this up and let you know that this feature is making waves into the no coders slacks !! Hit us up for pre alpha testing :boom:

Should we expect something similar of integromat’s integrations ?

Cheers and again thank you @josh and @emmanuel for taking the time to explain the inners of Bubble.

1 Like

Great update @josh and @emmanuel

Btw I made a workaround to add multiple domains to a single bubble app. Only have one bug (it gives an error when logging in or signin up but on refresh it works). I made a workaround. Would be great of the bug would be solved by bubble (error code 1603747634514x395352877241044860) (returning the propper json instead of a error code).

Link to plugin:
Testers needed: Whitelabel plugin for bubble app with multiple domains (under review still)

1 Like

@josh Thanks for the update. I shared with my team.

Regarding Bugs —Your team is friendly and kind. But filing a bug is quite painful. Sometimes it doesn’t feel like they’ve read the report at all or watched the linked video.

Other times they ask for a better reproduction — which is fair — but when I send an even clearer version of what I’ve sent to begin with, they reply and say they can’t reproduce it. Typically this is when I’ve already described that the bug only happens some of the time (thus the need to report a bug).

To help you see where we’re coming from — We have a mantra within our team that I repeat literally every time someone working in Bubble says “I think Bubble has a bug.” —> “Please assume it’s not a bug and that you’ve made a mistake.” 99 times out of 100, it’s simply a mistake and they learn something that will help them next time around.

So if I’m filing a bug, it’s definitely a bug. If it’s just something not functioning how I expect it to, I come to the forum and ask for help before assuming there’s a bug.

Something similar happened today when I emailed support relating to your data export email link and associated download causing warning signals in Chrome.

Question: Have you considered using a tool to make it easier to file a bug? Something that does a screen grab or lets you record in debug mode so you can just send it over to the support team?

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it. And I appreciate:

The majority of reports that come to our team are definitely those 99 / 100 times, so we really appreciate the people who take extra care to validate it’s actually a problem with Bubble. I think the team generally starts recognizing the names of people whose bug reports are reliable and treating them accordingly, but we definitely don’t get it right 100% of the time, and I’m sorry for the frustration of having a report bounced around.

We’ve looked into bug reporting tools in the past, but held off due to a mixture of privacy concerns and not finding one we were in love with. That said, it’s a good suggestion and I passed it on to the team, along with the rest of your feedback.

4 Likes

Hi @josh and @emmanuel . We solved our bubble bugs using a reverse proxy so now true cname of multiple domains on a bubble app is possible. So you can ignore my previous messages.

More info on this plugin (for anyone interested) : [NEW PLUGIN] 💪 PowerLabel: Whitelabel multiple domains for bubble apps

Thanks for your reply, Josh! Appreciate the work your team is doing to strengthen this process.

1 Like

I agree with @josh that most people won’t be on @maryfox20 level and the bug is most of the time not a bug. However, i believe the problem he(and our team) is facing is that the skill level of the bug report team is still not at the desired level yet.

I’ve faced similar problems whereby i videoed the exact scenario but the bug report team still does not get the problem.

However, i think it is a matter of time as the bug report team improves in proficiency, as i believe many are still new to the expanding team!

1 Like

I’ve had similar feelings about bug reporting as @maryfox20. However, just last week I was impressed with their first response being detailed and specific to a technical issue and true bug. They promptly passed it to the correct person and I had things resolved quickly. So it’s good to see the Bubble team progressing here!

4 Likes

Nice!! Thanks for sharing this, @gf_wolfer !

1 Like