Moving project from subdomain to domain

Like 2 years ago, I set up a Bubble project, mainly a few landing pages, under (let’s say) a subdomain landing.domain.com. Like this, I could leave “room” for devs to store the main app (built outside Bubble) directly on domain.com.

However, the app ended up being at app.domain.com, so the domain.com was really not in use. What I did was redirecting all visitors from domain.com to landing.domain.com.

However, could I now MOVE the Bubble project from landing.domain.com to simply domain.com? And then set some redirections from any landing.domain.com/page to its correspondent domain.com /page?

I guess it’d be all about changing the DNS on Bubble to point to the domain one (rather than to the current subdomain one).

The important thing is that the app on app.domain.com and other sites like blog.domain.com and docs.domain.com are not affected by this migration. I somehow have the feeling that if a Bubble project is accessible from a domain, we couldn’t store non-Bubble things (app, blog, etc.) under a subdomain of such a domain.

Also (not as important), do you see any benefits from a SEO POV?

Thanks!

Hey @eurogar, what you’re looking to do seems pretty straightforward.

To the point in your last paragraph about blog, docs, etc not being affected by the migration, I don’t see why it would be because the DNS on those sub-domains will remain unchanged pointing to whatever current hosting provider has the server files which are making those sub-domains show up as a website at the present moment. Luckily, feelings don’t count for much when it comes to computers :wink: so the “feeling that if a Bubble project is accessible from a domain, we couldn’t store non-Bubble things (app, blog, etc.) under a subdomain of such a domain” is nothing to worry over.

You’re right about the redirects from landing.domain.com to point to the corresponding page on domain.com. The main thing being that they’re 301 redirects and that’ll do you right on the SEO side of things. A tool like screaming frog will crawl up to 500 URLs for free to let you know which pages you’ve got, or perhaps you already know.

Cheers.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the help, Joe! In that case, I’ll proceed with the migration process :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.