Multi dropdown - default values

Hi,

I’ve a multi dropdown input element that has an option set as dynamic choice source.

I need to set the “Default value” with some of these options choices.

Option set name: Status

Option set arguments: Status labels

Options:

Status 1

Status 2

Status 3

Status 4

Status 5

I’d like to set as default values of this multi-dropdown:

Status 1
Status 2
Status 3

I didn’t figure out the right way to do that.

https://capture.dropbox.com/iYHmxPwsfj2AUA7U

Thank you for your time and suggestions.

1 Like

Hi there, @wordpresschef… you can do what you described by merging three filters together, however, if you create an attribute (number) on the option set and give each option a number (starting at 1 for the first option and so on), then this filter in the Default value field will do the trick.

Hope this helps.

Best…
Mike

Hi!

thank you very much for your answer, anyway my goal is to be able to select default statues individually, something like:

Status A, Status C, Status E

and not be force to follow an order …

I hope my question is more clear.

Anyway thank you for your precious time.

D.

Well, that is definitely a different question, but it’s not clear (to me, at least) what you mean by individually. Are you saying you want each user to see a different set of default selections, and if so, how do you want to define the default for each user? Is it random?

Hi,

I’m sorry, my post is not so clear.

Actually the goal is quite simple:

I want to be free to select which statues should be selected by default without following any kind of order or criteria.

Let’s say:

• status 2
  • status 4
  • status 5

The default stautes will be the same for all my users.

Thank you for your patience.

Ah, okay… now I get it. What immediately comes to mind is instead of having a number attribute on the option set as I previously suggested, have an yes/no attribute called default, and set that attribute to yes for the options you want to use as the defaults. With that attribute in place, this expression in the Default value field will do the trick.

The downside to this suggestion is if you want to change the defaults, you will have to deploy your app to live. If you don’t want to go that route, you could store the statuses in a custom data type and use a yes/no field to define the default values. Then, if you wanted to change the defaults, you could do it directly in the live database without having to deploy the app.

2 Likes

Thank you very much, your answer is very helpful to understand the logic of this goal.

Have a nice day.

1 Like