Multi-select drop down box

I have a multiselect drop down where I want to add users and then assign all the users a task.
No problem doing this with a single drop down but for the multi drop down I’m struggling. How do I loop through all the users selected once I click the add?

Let’s assume that you already have a workflow (let’s call it wf_add_user which would take a username as a parameter).

In the workflow associated to the add button, use the action “Schedule API Workflow on a List”. In this action, you’ll have to fill in a few parameters:

1. For Type of thing use User, because you’ll be passing a list of Users.

2. Once you do this, the Editor will prompt you for the List to run on. For this parameter, use the value of the multi-drop down.

3. For API workflow use “wf_add_user” (or however else you called it)

4. For Scheduled date use Current Date

5. Once you selected the API workflow in step 3 above, the Editor will ask you for the parameters required by the API workflow you are invoking. Assuming that it only requires a user name, set that parameter to This User.

This whole action, when executed, will start a bunch of background wf_add_user processes in the Bubble servers, one for each username that you passed in your list.

Hope this helps.

Alex

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.