MultiUploader error when exceeding file number limit

I have a MultiUploader with a file number limit of 5.
After having selected files, this message appears for each more file selected after the first 5. So, if I select 10 files, this error appears 5 times.

“Sorry, we ran into a temporary bug and can’t complete your request. We’ll fix it as soon as we can; please try again in a bit!”

Is this a bug? And why isn’t the user prevented from selecting more than the specified number of files?

@furnys We can look into better error-handling for uploading past max files limit. There is a console error but this might be better as a user-friendly alert rather than a temporary bug. Separately for preventing more files from being uploaded, you can do this from the conditional tab in the property editor where when ‘this multi-fileuploader’s value:count is <max # files>, this input is disabled’

1 Like

The fix is live for displaying user-friendly alert on exceeding file limit.

1 Like

Confirmed the alert is now clearer, but it still appears many times. I’m applying the conditional to prevent uploading too many files.

Is there an option to show a custom loading bar while files are being uploaded?
The standard loading animation does not really fit the style of my site.

@Thimo multifileuploader’s loading bar style cannot be customized but there are other uploader plugins available on the marketplace with some customization. You can also build your own plugin or add a different loading status indicator over the existing uploader.

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.