Nativator.io now supports QR scanning – new feature

Hello Nativators,

Following numerous requests regarding QR / bar scanning ability, Nativator.io is pleased to announce that an integrated QR/Bar code scanner is now available. Your Web App can be converted into a Native App that allows to:

1/ Open camera for scan.

2/ Get the destination: Url, i.e a thing’s link or any other Url.

3/ Access the link inside the app seamlessly for a better user experience.

The product is ideal for apps requiring QR scan for further action such as product or service details or purchase, open a course, brochure, video etc.

Check out the demo: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nativatorqr.com

Conversion is as usual; super easy, quick and code-less.

Thank you for using Nativator.io, hoping we’re helping more tech entrepreneurs build and publish faster with more native features.

Cheers everyone.

Sam

Ideate, Nativate.

1 Like

Hi Sam,

I couldn’t find a demo of the QR code scanner.

What do you mean by integrated QR code scanner ?

I currently use QR Code scanner by Stuart B and it doesn’t work in the previewer.

Will it work after the conversion for Android and IOS (you mentionned it in another post) ?

Is there a way to still test it out ?

Thanks !!

Hello @speccoux

Thank you for reaching out.
You are referring to an old release, we do not offer that conversion backbone anymore.

We would give camera permission to your native app so you can use a QR scanning plugin.

Basically you need to create a screen view where a QR scanner window is already opened then then show / hide to use QR code scan feature. A simple button won’t open the camera directly.

Thanks.
Sam

Thanks for answering.

I already have it in my app, with the scanning starting only after an action from the user. It works perfectly fine with the QR code plugin on the web app but on the previewer there is this :

In another thread, you said it will work after the conversion (with the Stuart B plugin).

So just to make sure that is still the case (or if not, what should I do)

Thanks !!

Hi @Sam ,

I did the conversion with nativator.io and I used the Stuart B plugin which was said to work fine on other threads.

In my android app, the camera won’t open (it does on the web app and on your preview link sent after conversion, also does in the previewer on iOS). I did exactly what you describe : a screen with a QR Code scanner that is shown + started when the page is visible + after a click on the button for a backup.

You can see the scanner starting as it hide something behind but it seems to never reach the camera.

In the link you send after the conversion for “preview”, it worked just fine. The android.permission.CAMERA is there but it never asks for it and camera permission don’t appear in the app settings on the phone.

Do you see something I did wrong ?

Thanks in advance as it is crucial to my app.

Hello @speccoux,

What is the name of your app pls?
Will check the permission setup.

Thanks,
Sam

Hi @Sam ,

The app name is DereChef. It works fine on iOS. I doubled checked the permission and I was wrong, the android.permission.CAMERA is indeed missing even though the feature android.hardware.camera is there as well as the media action IMAGE_CAPTURE.

Pretty sure it was checked on the conversion setup as it is a core feature and selected in the iOS version.

Let me know if I can do anything.

Hi @Sam ,

Still working fine on iOS but I am completely blocked on Android without this permission. Please let me know what I can do, as it was selected in the settings for the conversion. Waiting for Nativator.io support to help with the situation.

Additional remark, you ask for a “* You app icon: 512x512 with transparent background”. But you don’t say it is going to be the app icon … and the transparent background appears as black on iOS icon and transparent on Android… So better say to upload the icon we want our icon to look like… Does this mean that I have to repay to actually configure my app icon for the stores ??

Thanks in advance, this is kind of crucial.

NEEED HELP PLESE IM YOUR CLIENT TRYING TO CONTACT A WEEK AGO WITH NO ANSWER… EVEN ON YOUR PAGE CHAT SAYS THE MESSAGE WAS READ AND JUST IGNORED. Please I need help.

Did they ever get back to you?