Need help replacing aggregate search

Hi all,

So, I have been going through my WU usage and more than 65% of my huge amounts of WU’s is a couple of simple ‘search for’ conditions so I am just looking to see if there is an alternative way of doing what I am doing without it rinsing my wallet.

Basically I have an icon in a repeating group (with pagination, only loading 30 records per page). I have a condition on the icon that changes when 'search for related record (in another table) :count > 1

How can this simple search be using so many WU’s?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Hey @recovermuk4all2 :wave:

Good question, I think we will be getting a lot of these types of questions soon. Can you show a few screenshots of what you mean? Hope we can optimize it for you. I have done a lot of work for optimizing Bubble apps and can probably improve it some how. :blush:

Hi @J805 , thanks for your reply.

I have a ‘courses’ table and a ‘course_practical_dates’ table. Each record in the ‘course_practical_dates’ table is linked to a course.

So my repeating group is a list of courses and each course in the repeating group shows the eye icon and the icon has the following condition.

This is such a simple count function but however bubble is performing is this task is using way too many resources.

What if you do First Item is empty instead of Count < 1? I wonder if that is more resource conservative or not.

As an alternative:

You can also consider doing something like this… when a course_practical_dates is created change the course data with a boolean field (yes/no) to yes. Then you are only referencing a yes/no field instead of doing a search.

There is always more than one way to do something. We just have to figure out which will save us WU now instead of capacity. Just a change in mind set to get it to work optimally.

1 Like

Thanks. I had thought of those solutions when I was building it but as bubble themselves said the count function is ‘a lightweight function’ (referenced in this video How to Use the Count Operator | Bubble) I thought it would be better the way I did it originally than implementing 2 separate workflows (a workflow to toggle when a date is added and a workflow to toggle when all dates are deleted). I think the ‘first item’ suggestion wouldn’t make much difference as I believe it is the loading of the list that creates the WU’s as the count is just the counting of the list generated.

I think to save the WU’s as we have to be more conscious now, I will have to implement the toggle workflows solution.

Thanks for your input, much appreciated :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.